Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
So replace Kolarov with somebody better don't get in an extra centre back and leave us short up front, if Aguero is injured we have Sane Jesus Sterling that's it. Don't say Kelechi he's obviously off, and Bernardo is there to play midfield with Silva and KDB.
That's 3 forwards plus KDB, and 2 Silvas who could play as a 2nd forward.

I don't mind City signing another centre back and letting Kolarov go but I doubt that will happen as I think he'll be cover for one more season

So replace Kolarov with somebody better don't get in an extra centre back and leave us short up front, if Aguero is injured we have Sane Jesus Sterling that's it. Don't say Kelechi he's obviously off, and Bernardo is there to play midfield with Silva and KDB.
I don't think anyone is saying they wouldn't want to get both a centre back and Sanchez. just some people are worried that it is looking increasingly like we will get Sanchez and not bother with a centre back. Bernardo will definitely be an option for the front three even if he has mainly been bought as an option for midfield. So we have Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Bernardo as options for the attack. That's five very good players. In terms of central defence we currently have one very good player.

That's 3 forwards plus KDB, and 2 Silvas who could play as a 2nd forward.
Two of those 3 midfielders will be playing in midfield though, making do with a midfielder shouldn't need to happen just so we can have a squad with 5 centre backs and I'm pretty sure it won't happen, if we can't sell a centre back we will not buy one until next summer when we can move Kolarov out.

Two of those 3 midfielders will be playing in midfield though, making do with a midfielder shouldn't need to happen just so we can have a squad with 5 centre backs and I'm pretty sure it won't happen, if we can't sell a centre back we will not buy one until next summer when we can move Kolarov out.

Imo we only have one centre back.

The Silva and KDB are probably better off if midfield but they could do a top quality job as second forwards.

My point is that if you take one forward out of City's team, or even two, we still could field a top quality forward line. If you take Kompany out then we can't field a reliable defensive central defensive pair. I like Stones. I think he will develop alongside Kompany, but he needs a good solid season at City before he develops the confidence. he doesn't have the authority at the moment. Only Kompany does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.