Sam smiths beer

Spent many a night at The Turnpike in Withington in my youth. Can't imagine many 17 year olds would thank you for a 'Brown split with Mild' these days, come to think of it, I wouldn't thank you for one myself.

Sam Smith and John Smith were both brothers from Tadcaster, who fell out iirc. I think it was John Smith who set up his own brewery after the dispute. Similar story to Adidas and Puma.

Samuel Smith have some great boozers up and down the land, especially in London. I expect many of those London pubs take serious amounts of money too.

I stumbled across the Horse and Groom in London when I was down for the West Ham game. I was in Central London, in an unknown boozer, ordered up a pint of their stout and expected to take a right old hammering in the wallet and was extremely surprised for it to be around the £3 mark, it was so good I had to have some more.

Sam smiths is alright and cheap, unfortunately the only boozer in town is the oyster bar and rammed quite a lot, also preferesd shambles before it moved when no fucker went in

The one in sheffield, leeds and york are great for a pint.

On a side Hydes will get you a decent pint of 1863 for £1.02 in some of their boozers

Boar's Head? Pint of mild (only 2.8%) is about £1.35 I think.

I had a bottle of the organic chocolate stout in there thinking it'd be cheap. It was £3.80
The lad I was with said that was the boozer the boars head, in the market place didn't have a clue what the boozer was called but seemed ok

Tadcaster is the micro brewery of Sam Smiths.
I think a pint of Tadcaster lager is incredible.
The price is always for pennies wherever you buy it.
Shambles bar is a Taddies house and very busy pre match.

It's one of those lagers that has to be drunk like a fine wine and allowed to remain on the palate for a few seconds to truly appreciate the flavour.
The overall strength is good for a session drink at around 4.5% abv.
You really cant go wrong with a pint of Taddies.

Old Brewery Bitter and Tadcaster are the best I've ever had.

The lager is rocket fuel as well!

Funny thing happened to me about 18 months ago I was in Bristol and went into the King William on King Street and it was a Sam Smiths house with all sorts on tap - bitters lagers, pale ale, stout, porters the lot. Went on halves so I could sample a few - was a hell of a shock in cider country I can tell you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.