Eric Garcia (16yrs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Board has neglected La Masia and why you've seen so many bizarre loan/transfers (Deulofeu, Samper, Traore, Sandro et al). Garcia (managed by Puyol's agency) going to Pep is good in that he will get support that was lacking under Barcelona's current board. Tragic really

They aren't simply neglecting academy, they are also changing its focus, according to some Catalan bloggers. Instead of teaching JdP football from grassroots they're now bringing in 18-19 yo readymade players, which completely neglects the core idea of La Masia.
Wonder what moves them, aside of incompetence. Blind hate to Laporta? Or it's some older stuff, like Cruyffistas vs Nunezistas?

What's E.Garcia's height? He's listed on Transfermarkt as 1.78m tall, don't know if it's a fresh info.
I've managed to find only one 2-year old video of him, playing for U15 team:

Neglect is a big part of it, reinforcing from outside to get promotion after this same board eroded the club's approach to the cantera that saw Barca B relegated in the first place. Now a cantera player not only fails to get developed properly (Often outsourcing that development ala Deulofeu, Samper, Munir, Adama et al) but they are not getting integrated into the 1st team much less playing the Cruyff way

Already this summer they've lost Mboula & Garcia. Lee Seung Woo is rumoured to be next

He's 16, turning 17 in January. You won't see much of him for a few years but he's without question the biggest central defender talent in La Masia. Not just in terms of his play or intelligence but for the sort of leader he is - routinely an MVP in youth tournaments. That being said, the biggest jump for kids in La Masia is really at this age when they move into Juvenil A (16/17 years of age). I tend to really take notice of the youth kids when they hit this age eventhough many can be hyped even earlier (Xavi Simons for example)

Sorry, I do not know his height atm - this can change a lot at this age group

Last edited:
I know it is probably unrelated but I'd like to see this acquisition as City's reaction to the UK transfer ban put on to the academy by the FA. If you won't let us sign players from English academies we just sign from La Masia instead, f..k you FA.

Probably a fair chance some of his development will be under Barcelona noses at Girona as well.

When Puyol is telling his clients they have a better chance here than at Barcelona...things must be awful over there. You're not exactly swimming in CB options either, are you? Mascherano on the way down, Pique will be mid-thirties by the time this kid is ready. Betting everything on Marlon.

Umtiti, Santiago Bueno, Marlon, Yerry Mina.

When you're quoting teenagers who've never played for Barcelona, a guy who's played 1 senior game for them, and a player they don't even own, things are not great.

It doesn't matter if they've played for Barcelona or not, they were bought with a purpose. And if you've actually watched them play you'd know that Garcia stands no chance. Yerry Mina is a done deal so I'm not sure who you're referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.