Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't go wrong buying Sanchez, but in my opinion for this City team there are better ways to spend £50m plus £200k wages. We've got Jesus, Sane and Aguero up front. Not clear he'd be better than those 3. Where we can improve is in central defence so if it was my money I'd shelve the Alexis bid and bid £60m for VVD. VVD would make more of an impact on our results than Sanchez purely because our existing forward line is far stronger than our defence.

You can't go wrong buying Sanchez, but in my opinion for this City team there are better ways to spend £50m plus £200k wages. We've got Jesus, Sane and Aguero up front. Not clear he'd be better than those 3. Where we can improve is in central defence so if it was my money I'd shelve the Alexis bid and bid £60m for VVD. VVD would make more of an impact on our results than Sanchez purely because our existing forward line is far stronger than our defence.
So you thing we should buy a centre back?

Why haven't you mentioned this before?

Most of what I've read has been either staying at Arsenal or going to Bayern or us. The Chile coach has just said every top side is after him. Could the likes of Juve, Real, back to Barca, PSG even Atletico (£50m+ deal agreed with Lyon for Lacazette says they have the money if he goes Arsenal) and dare I say Chelsea or even the rags.

Appreciate that Arse prefer a foreign team but why is it Bayern the only ones mentioned.

Most of what I've read has been either staying at Arsenal or going to Bayern or us. The Chile coach has just said every top side is after him. Could the likes of Juve, Real, back to Barca, PSG even Atletico (£50m+ deal agreed with Lyon for Lacazette says they have the money if he goes Arsenal) and dare I say Chelsea or even the rags.

Appreciate that Arse prefer a foreign team but why is it Bayern the only ones mentioned.

Didn't he say every top club would like him? Not every top club is after him

I think the Chile coach was just sidestepping a potentially difficult question by basically saying nothing

Forget the CB we will or we won't, if we don't buy Sanchez, how do we cover injury to one of Jesus, Sane or Aguero without muddling through with a midfielder filling in, can't compete in 4 competitions with patched up make do forward line. we play a front 3 we can't do that for 60 games with only 4 forwards. If we end up using one of Bernardo, Silva or KDB in the front 3 it leaves us short covering the midfield.
Put it another way if we don't buy Sanchez we have 7 players covering the front 5 for a 60 game season, how can you not see we need another body and Sanchez seems the best available at a good price.

Didn't he say every top club would like him? Not every top club is after him

I think the Chile coach was just sidestepping a potentially difficult question by basically saying nothing

Possibly. And maybe sky twisting it as well. But the point stands i suppose. Why aren't there other teams in for him? Or are there it's not being reported.

Possibly. And maybe sky twisting it as well. But the point stands i suppose. Why aren't there other teams in for him? Or are there it's not being reported.
Barca wouldn't buy him back.

PSG were in for him.

Real don't need him.

United would love him I'm sure and haven't Chelsea been mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.