Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Cross will slag City off before & after we take Arsenal best player.

He is now saying Aguero to Arsenal is a far better deal even though all last season Sanchez was Arsenals best player & the premier league.

Now it's let him go he's a trouble maker etc, it's shoddy journalism & he is an arsehole of the highest Level..

Arseholes are useful. John Cross isn't.

I think he'll be good as well, with a pace fullback next to him. A lot of the times Kolarov got caught out you could put down to either being very new to the position at the beginning of the season, or not being fast enough to defend 1/4 of the pitch on his own, as our 2 CB's often have to do.

Put a speedster like Mendy, or a defensive fullback like Bertrand next to him and I'd bet he'll be decent enough.
Ideally all our defenders should be able to defend one on one, and Kolarov can't. But he can cover two positions if like you say you have the right players around him. Not sure that Bertrand is any quicker than Clichy was and he was deemed surplus to requirements. Where Bertrand is better than Clichy is in his passing and crossing.

Bertrand is a good player

Sure but he's not our #1 LB target for a reason. With the lack of money spent on the position and the issues we've have there in previous seasons; it would be unreasonable imo to not pay up for our #1 targets in both FB positions. Bertrand would be an above average #2 but I don't think he's good enough as a #1 if we're building an elite squad. If Mendy wasn't coming and we targeted Grimaldo and Bertrand, that's a different story.

I think he'll be good as well, with a pace fullback next to him. A lot of the times Kolarov got caught out you could put down to either being very new to the position at the beginning of the season, or not being fast enough to defend 1/4 of the pitch on his own, as our 2 CB's often have to do.

Put a speedster like Mendy, or a defensive fullback like Bertrand next to him and I'd bet he'll be decent enough.
Bertrand isnt that defensive he got beyond Sterling a few times in that last England game including the goal they created., Hes not particularly slow either.

It's never been a swap, Sanchez to City & £50m to Arsenal not Aguero.

There's no such thing as a swap agents just don't want that neither do clubs it's so much money, bother with accounts etc.

The swap ain't happening SIMPLES!!
Swap deals are more of a South American thing. Or the cash + players exchange as well.

Sure but he's not our #1 LB target for a reason. With the lack of money spent on the position and the issues we've have there in previous seasons; it would be unreasonable imo to not pay up for our #1 targets in both FB positions. Bertrand would be an above average #2 but I don't think he's good enough as a #1 if we're building an elite squad. If Mendy wasn't coming and we targeted Grimaldo and Bertrand, that's a different story.
Both are coming IMO, papers talking shite because there fucking clueless. Deals like this are done months ago only fine details & medical are to be done. There is no way Pep & Tixi will loose deals just before window opens.

Let's just be patient & welcom Alvez 1st & Mendy early next week maybe ;)

I think Bertrand and Mendy is a perfect combination to have at LB. Bertrand is excellent defensively, and Mendy is superb going forward. Only problem is I can see Southampton wanting north of £25m for Bertrand.

Ideally all our defenders should be able to defend one on one, and Kolarov can't. But he can cover two positions if like you say you have the right players around him. Not sure that Bertrand is any quicker than Clichy was and he was deemed surplus to requirements. Where Bertrand is better than Clichy is in his passing and crossing.
I think the art of defending I'd add to that list too. Not to make this the Clichy thread but I actually leapt off my seat when I heard he was leaving. Can't defend, offers nothing and isn't aggressive enough in everything he does. He always seemed like the nice bloke like Navas players you'd want to do well because he's not a complete c'nt but thank god we've let him go. Mendy from I've said looks a powerhouse and I've always like Bertrand. Not as good as Rose in the England squad imo but not far behind. Like Clyne with Walker. Rant over I promise..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.