Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Clichy, we have improved 70% since he's gone. Praise the lord, he was a corner flag for the last two seasons, and a 4 or 5 out of 10 performance at best in his 'prime'.
Can't pass with either foot, can't tackle, got a nosebleed every time he went past half way, and responsible for gifting opposition with goals and possession regularly.
His last two games were possibly his best ever.

Last edited:
Re Clichy, we have improved 70% since he's gone. Praise the lord, he was a corner flag for the last two seasons, and a 4 or 5 out of 10 performance at best in his 'prime'.
Can't pass with either foot, can't tackle, got a nosebleed every time he went past half way, and responsible for gifting opposition with goals and possession regularly.
His last two games were possibly his best ever.
Are you sure you`re not discussing Kolarov there ?

If 60mill is to be paid for Sandro by whatever club that gets him, 40mill for Mendy seems "decent" money.
60 mill and 40 mill ... for a full back ... fuck me.

Btw, just wondering if the ones who think this in order are the same who complain about ticket prizes rising? Doubt it.

How many times do people need to be told we're signing Bertrand AND Mendy?
What's the origin of that line of thinking though? I've seen it repeated over and over but it does seem as though it's a become a 100% truth through being seized upon and perpetuated by people who can't cope with the idea of Bertrand being brought in as first choice. It could be the case we intend to buy both, but it wouldnt surprise me either if Bertrand were the main LB we brought in. At his age and in a world cup year, Bertrand might want to prove himself at a higher level but he'll also want to be sure he plays a significant number of games. We have a quite a few areas in our side that require huge improvement. One or two of those buys might have to be pragmatic choices. Mendy looked great against us but Bertrand is a very decent player too and would be a big improvement. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me if Bertrand was the main LB buy in a summer where all over concerns were also addressed. Going into next season with Walker and Bertrand as the fullbacks would be a massive improvement however you look at it.

What's the origin of that line of thinking though? I've seen it repeated over and over but it does seem as though it's a become a 100% truth through being seized upon and perpetuated by people who can't cope with the idea of Bertrand being brought in as first choice. It could be the case we intend to buy both, but it wouldnt surprise me either if Bertrand were the main LB we brought in. At his age and in a world cup year, Bertrand might want to prove himself at a higher level but he'll also want to be sure he plays a significant number of games. We have a quite a few areas in our side that require huge improvement. One or two of those buys might have to be pragmatic choices. Mendy looked great against us but Bertrand is a very decent player too and would be a big improvement. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me if Bertrand was the main LB buy in a summer where all over concerns were also addressed. Going into next season with Walker and Bertrand as the fullbacks would be a massive improvement however you look at it.
Agree that having Bertrand would be ok. It has been said via many different channels that City is looking to buy 4 fullbacks though. I think it makes sense. Imagine if we bought only Bertrand as left fullback, and he then got injured.

The origin is the fact all the ITK's and reliable journalists close to the club have said we're going for 4 fullbacks.

The world cup year means nothing to Bertrand, he's 100% on the plane if fit, and he's 100% not starting if Rose is fit.

Getting Bertrand alone would be OK, getting Mendy alone would be good. But it's fairly obvious that "good" isn't what Guardiola is aiming for.

Agree that having Bertrand would be ok. It has been said via many different channels that City is looking to buy 4 fullbacks though. I think it makes sense. Imagine if we bought only Bertrand as left fullback, and he then got injured.

I think we'll definitely get two, but Bertrand could be the main one. Like I say, not ruling out both him and Mendy coming in but I think people should be more prepared for the fact he could be our main LB next season and it wouldn't be quite the disaster some think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.