Biopsy

maccadon

Got get one on Tuesday and am not ashamed say am scared.anyone have any help thats been through this ? Keep thinking the worst and how will affect my close family n friends.
I am usually pretty guarded n dont let on when am down etc as someone is always worse off than me but this time....if didnt talk think would do something stupid.

Thanks for time reading this blues and help would be greatly appreciated.

All I can do is wish you the very best of luck.

I was diagnosed with lymphoma.
My cancer was finally diagnosed by a biopsy of my spleen. It wasn't my first or even second. Had had numerous lymph nodes taken.

To be honest by the time I got my diagnosis it was a relief. At last it had a name and we could get on with beating it.

Wish you well my friend

I had a testicle removed the other month and had to wait three weeks for results, mine was clear but it's always on your mind until they tell you. My dad had a biopsy and the so called Doctor forgot to send it off and someone else I know had one and another so called Doctor threw it in the bin, he was dead a year later, just make sure they send it off at least.

Fucking hell bluebee i will be checking up now.gerry gow wish you well too mate.

There was an anomaly in left ventricle of my heart n they let it be but was in custody(story for another day) i collapsed n couldn't get breath so new chest xray and a mri n amomaly had largened.so now want go in and check.

At start of this year didnt want be alive n now things looking up (new job,holidays,gigs etc) its out of my hands.

Worst is as much as love my family n friends the ones i want be with most are not an option.in a way am glad as wouldnt want put them through this but at same time.their smiling faces would get me through.

Keep crying at thought of the worst and how do i tell my loved ones.or how will they look or treat me once they know.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I've had two biopsy's for skin cancer. Touch wood they both came back as the best kind (basel cell carcinomas) and easily treatable.

It's weird, the uncertainty of waiting for the biopsy results soon fades as you realise that there's no point worrying about it as there's nothing you can do. It is what it is.

Try to sleep well.

Best of luck, hope you get positive results back!

I have never been in such a situation macca and can only say i'm here if you want to chat, sometimes it is easier to speak to someone not very close to you. Your mind is running away with it's self and you know that so just try to keep calm as best you can. Your family will want to support you so don't shut off from them.

I had a biopsy during a craniotomy so I wasn't worried about the actual biopsy itself as I was well under when they took the tissue. I was pretty much in your boat at the time; I didn't really care if I made it out of the operating theatre or not. Awaking from the anaesthetic I realised how happy I was to be alive and kicking (even sang the nurse a song when I woke up apparently). Then came the wait for the result. Its a horrible time waiting and I'm a fortunate one in that it all came back clear, but others who went through similar and weren't as fortunate as myself were relieved at finally having a diagnosis and a course for treatment. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

It can be quite scary waiting for the results, I went for a pre-op and two nurses came in and said could we have a chat, of course I say, we're Macmillan cancer nurses and if you wanna chat here's our card etc, now I did feel ok till then and that sets me off, do they know something etc etc, I know they are there to help but let me have the op first !
Fingers crossed for you pal, sure you'll be ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.