It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt about the abilities of Thiago Silva. He is amazing player with a lot of experience and can lead our defense. But he will be 33 soon and I hope to see another solution for the long term

Thigo Silva had Mbappe on a leash in the French league cup final, never gave him an inch. Would be short term though he's almost 33, not convinced we should be going down that route.

:)

Back on topic. I'm going through the mental rolodex of potential CB options this summer and with the names which have already been wiped as not possible or not in the list, i've come up with two.

Alderweireld and Thiago Silva.

Interesting that PSG are about to sign Pepe and have just renewed Marquinhos today. TBF on paper they only have Kimpebe, Silva, and Marquinhos as CB options. But still Silva just about fits the profile.

Alderweireld is a long shot, but then when I asked Perarnau about him he did say that he fits the profile perfectly and both Pep and Txiki really like him. He just said that he thought it would be very difficult for City to take two players from Spurs so it was unlikely.

Gonna be so interesting to see who this defender is!
Great option if there is any chance to get one of them. Silva was a world class defender before he joined psg .
Alderweireld would be fantastic signing but there's someone named Levy in between.
I think Silva fits better in peps team.
Do keep us posted if your ears on the wall picks up any frequencies .

Buying Silva would be a backwards step. He's not a leader and he can't hold his nerves under pressure. From what I've read on here and in the media, everybody wants Stones and Kompany to start and a CB who is a natural leader to come in when the latter gets injured. Silva is the antithesis of a leader.
Come on man you must be kidding.Silva is a born leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.