Happy Birthday Gio

Happy Birthday to the Myth. Not good enough at the highest level probably because he went missing in games more often than Lord Lucan. To add to the fact we did get relegated twice with him I would put him on par with Scott Sinclair.

As Stu Allen would say dreary dreary me

Joe Royle was probably right leaving Kinkladze out of the team .
Kinkladze i recall was replaced by Ian Bishop in the team towards the last few games of the season.
Joe Royle was probably right leaving Kinkladze out of the team .
Kinkladze i recall was replaced by Ian Bishop in the team towards the last few games of the season.[/QUO

Then brought back when he realised that Pollock and co where not that great , and played him against QPR and he scored a free kick from 25 yards with his second touch , only 4 captain pollock 2 score the goal of own goals , well done Joe

Happy Birthday, legend of a player.
Comparing him to the current team is pointless. He was hopeless at looking after himself and lacked any kind of professional standards. The club at the time compounded that problem given the shambles it was. Imagine what Silva would be like if he was in that team, trained at Platt lane, weighed about an extra stone, was on the beer three or four nights a week and was coached by Allan Ball / Joe Royle! Wouldn’t happen now, we have come on a million miles since then.

He was the reason i started supporting city.

Watched him the year before he joined us, when georgia played wales at the old arms park in a euro stage qualifier. He lobbed Neville Southall from around 25 yards out and this little leftie ran the game. I remembered his name from the first game when we lost 5-0 out in Georgia and i think he scored 3 that day and ran us ragged. I was 20 years in 1995 and being welsh i was more into rugby than football, i never supported a club in football, but i always kept one eye on the welsh clubs scores, and obviously the national side.

When he joined city in 95 i instantly started following him and my love affair with City grew and grew. At the time i liked being the only City fan in Wales it seemed! People used to laugh at me in my city shirts. they could not understand how i could follow such a shit side :-) 99% of people down here in the 80's and 90's wore united or liverpool shirts.

So for me personally, i will not have a bad word said against Kinky for he is the reason i have spent half my life following this great god dam club!

He was what he was. There are very few players comparable with Gheorgie; all these idiots comparing him with Scott Sinclair indeed !

He was supremely gifted and talented and he was very special.

44 today All the best Gio what a player he was for us, was sat right behind the nets when he scored "That" goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.