Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only issue with Delph is his ball retention under pressure, it is ok and not great, which I think is a major reason why Pep is open to him leaving. Plus the injuries.

He scored a cracker last season for us and i would have no issue with him staying if we are confident his injuries are not a concern. He drives the ball forward very well and he really hasn't had a fair chance to show what he can do, but that is not anyone's fault,

If he goes, good luck to him and someone is going to get a decent player who can be even better with a consistent run. But if he stays I won't be unhappy as I think he could really kick on, surely unless he's told he won't get even on the bench most games then he wants to stay also, given the quality he'd be alongside and the chance to play in Europe.

Does anybody have any numbers on how often Delph has been injured while being with City? It feels to me like he was sidelined for at least half of the time, and of the other half spent most of it trying to build up his form again. I suppose this feeling is wrong, but I would really like to know how much time he has really been available for selection.

£12m is a steal. He's a full England International. For that money I would keep him.

To be honest, any offer that comes close to £12m should be accepted.

There is gonna be very little game time for him, with the likes of Yaya, Gundogan and Fernandinho in front of him in the pecking order.

He hasn't exactly been available for selection much throughout his time here.

Another Rodwell.

In today's inflated market, if he goes for that someone will have grabbed a bargain
My thoughts exactly, given the fact he's English he should be going for more than that, I'd say £20m would be fair.

He'd be a starter at over 50% of the PL clubs, so if you consider his value to them rather than to us, he's a valuable player.

My thoughts exactly, given the fact he's English he should be going for more than that, I'd say £20m would be fair.

He'd be a starter at over 50% of the PL clubs, so if you consider his value to them rather than to us, he's a valuable player.
He'd be a starter for over 50% of clubs quite possibly but would he be fit over 50% of the time? He hasn't demonstrated this for us which is I suspect why his fee is low.

£12m is relatively cheap in the current market for an England international, but would be decent business for us too. His opportunities next season will be very limited. No loan deal though, some clubs are taking the piss a bit.

£12m is a steal. He's a full England International. For that money I would keep him.

12m for a fully fit player is a steal. As such, he makes himself available for about 10-15 games per year. Would sell at that price without hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.