Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the size of the transfer fee now Arsenal's official position? Not sure. If it is, then we have moved a long way

I don't know where the £50m came from. That to me sounds excessive for a player who will be 29 next season and who is in the final year of his contract. There are no other clubs involved either.
This. I didn't want to be the first to say it but 50 million seems excessive to me.

Fans of Arsenal, United and Liverpool still believe #istory is still one of the major factors in signing a player.

When in reality, now it's all about the manager, recent trophy success, CL football, who the other players are, wages and bonuses, the stadium and training facilities, the city, etc.

Whether Arsenal fans on here care to admit it or not, at the moment City as a club are more appealing to players.

Fans of Arsenal, United and Liverpool still believe #istory is still one of the major factors in signing a player.

When in reality, now it's all about the manager, recent trophy success, CL football, who the other players are, wages and bonuses, the stadium and training facilities, the city, etc.

Whether Arsenal fans on here care to admit it or not, at the moment City as a club are more appealing to players.
I think if you read the chip's comments, he readily admits that.

Arsenal leaking to the press that he's demanded £400k is either a ruse to deflect the blame on to the player when he eventually departs, or potentially the player purposely pricing himself out of a new contract (as he allegedly priced himself out of a move to Bayern Munich). Personally I think it is the former.

Alexis wants to leave Arsenal and join City, that much is clear (their staff know this...). If the club hierarchy allow it is another matter, and it won't happen until they've a) leaked as much negative press about the player as possible, and b) signed more new players, to keep their fans on side.

I think if you read the chip's comments, he readily admits that.

Haven't seen that.

Fair play to him.

But tell any Gooner that, and look at any Arsenal website like Arsenal Mania and the Daily Cannon, and they would all think you were mad, corrupted by recent success bought by Sheikh Mansour and his petrol dollars. ;-)

Some tabloids saying arsenal want eighty million. Both City and Sanchez just need to say, " Look here's the deal. You take what's on offer now or I stay and go through the motions for a year, then leave for nothing and still sign for City. Your choice!"

Totally agree, never seperated city and pep, hes your manager, Id want to play for him too. But he still hasnt won anything in english football.
My argument was that the swell of opinion that Sanchez was leaving a team that isnt winning, to a team that is winning, was not entirely accurate.
I never argued with who was more likely to win going forward, its obviously Man city. More likely isnt as certain as whats already happened though.

Give him a chance. He's been here one bloody season.

Have to agree that City are more appealing as a sporting project now. But at the same time I doubt City and Arsenal would be going for the same targets in the window anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.