Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we can file claims that Sanchez will sign this week under the 'utter bull shit' category.

New quotes from John Cross this morning who is with Arsenal in Sydney.

"That is a continuation of what I said at the end of last season, that you wouldn’t sell him to another Premier League club.

“I think the easiest way to manage in the final year - it is in his interests to do as well as he can.

“Nobody knows today if he will be in the final year next season because he can extend the contract with us at the start or during the season so it is not necessarily the last year of his contract at Arsenal Football Club.”

Just checked, the headline on skysports.com is:

'Arsene Wenger denies Alexis Sanchez has told him he wants to leave Arsenal'

Bit of a nothing story because he obviously hasn't told him he wants to stay, otherwise Wenger would have said that.
Its all in the wording fella.. I wonder what Wenger would have said if the interviewer had asked" Has Alexis said he wants to stay".

Think we can file claims that Sanchez will sign this week under the 'utter bull shit' category.

New quotes from John Cross this morning who is with Arsenal in Sydney.

"That is a continuation of what I said at the end of last season, that you wouldn’t sell him to another Premier League club.

“I think the easiest way to manage in the final year - it is in his interests to do as well as he can.

“Nobody knows today if he will be in the final year next season because he can extend the contract with us at the start or during the season so it is not necessarily the last year of his contract at Arsenal Football Club.”

Agree - there's no way a deal is done if Wenger has made those comments. If Sanchez is gonna join us he's going to need to jump through a series of hoops during August - I think this may well happen but not anytime soon.

Actions speak louder than words and it's obvious that Sanchez has made it clear that he wants to leave.

His interview at the CONFED where he states that he knew where he'd be playing next season but couldn't say and the fact he is yet to sign a new deal all screams to the fact that he wants out.

Arsenal are right in the sense that they will determine where he plays next season. However, the moment the summer transfer window shuts, Sanchez has all the power.

If they cannot convince him to sign a new deal now then I don't see how they will when he will be a free agent. His signing on fee alone will be like a transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.