Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true he is home sick really you cant blame the lad to want to be near his family. Hope he signs a new contract then maybe loan him to a london team till he matures a bit and being away from his family he be fine.

That's what I'd do, and loan him for a season to some club like Fulham who give kids playing time.

Who can blame him?

We've spent circa £200m on young attacking talent in the past 2 years (including KDB) and Pep still wants to add to it with Sanchez; previously projected wonderkids like Iheanacho and Roberts have failed to crack it or be enchanted by the (dubious) developmental skills of Guardiola, so why should Sancho trust that he will be different?

The reality is our academy will now see a lot of kids (or at least the bright ones) come for the elite education (both academic and footballing) then back door it to a club with a proven track record of meritocracy and pride in youth integration.

Spurs have found a way to put faith in young British talent and finish above us with a fraction of the annual investment/wage outlay; the monotonous argument that we're too big-time to do it is one for morons. Everton tearing us apart last year with a team accommodating Holgate, Tom Davies, and Lookman should have been a lesson us.

If I was Sancho and either of those clubs tried to entice me, I'd be gone; after all, this is a club that for the past few years has deemed Jesus Navas, a winger with a worse goals/assists output annually than most rightbacks, as a better bet on the wing than mercurial young talents like Barker and Roberts, or even Buckley and Nemane (they literally couldn't have done worse)

Pablo Maffeo got Man Of The Match against United in the Derby, never to be seen again; Pep opted to play Navas and Fernandinho out of position in the absence of the two geriatric orthodox rightbacks in the squad rather than give the kid the further opportunities that performance should have earned him.

If the owners are serious about the CFA being anything more than a Chelsea-esque vanity project, they need to seriously evaluate whether those currently running football matters at the club are the right men to utilise, validate and vindicate it.
People have to stop using Spurs as an example of playing youth, the age of Spurs players that get a chance with the team is atleast 20, I think Alli at 19 was the youngest. Sancho being 17 he shouldn't be expecting to start at one of the best clubs already, truly think if there is any doubt that it has to do with going back to London.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Someone who wishes to become a world class player, travelling the globe playing in tournaments for his country getting home sick 200 miles away, hard to fathom.

Exactly. I'd be willing to bet the 'homesick' shtick is complete baloney. I think his dad's his agent, I'm sure the club will be making sure the lad has plentiful access to his family anyway, and it's not as if he's been sent to Siberia to work in a Gulag. Oh, no, hanging out with his mates in Manchester all day playing football! Gee what a hardship! Also, I seem to recall reading that he was getting into gang related trouble in Norf Landon at the time he signed for us and his family were keen for him to get away from bad influences. The only thing that will have changed is that representatives from those bastions of probity, Arsenal and Spurs, will have been in his earhole promising him all sorts.
If money is the issue, then if I were City I'd be inclined to pay it. He's a good player and although - based on what I've seen of him so far - he's nowhere near ready for regular first team football yet, he will be in due course, and even if he turns out to be not good enough for us, then we should be reasonably confident of recouping any wage increase we give him now via a transfer fee. What we don't want is a repetition of the Sturridge fiasco

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Someone who wishes to become a world class player, travelling the globe playing in tournaments for his country getting home sick 200 miles away, hard to fathom.
Except he'd spend the majority of his time at home, and not travelling for his country. That comparison is obviously nonsense.

Who can blame him?

We've spent circa £200m on young attacking talent in the past 2 years (including KDB) and Pep still wants to add to it with Sanchez; previously projected wonderkids like Iheanacho and Roberts have failed to crack it or be enchanted by the (dubious) developmental skills of Guardiola, so why should Sancho trust that he will be different?

The reality is our academy will now see a lot of kids (or at least the bright ones) come for the elite education (both academic and footballing) then back door it to a club with a proven track record of meritocracy and pride in youth integration.

Spurs have found a way to put faith in young British talent and finish above us with a fraction of the annual investment/wage outlay; the monotonous argument that we're too big-time to do it is one for morons. Everton tearing us apart last year with a team accommodating Holgate, Tom Davies, and Lookman should have been a lesson us.

If I was Sancho and either of those clubs tried to entice me, I'd be gone; after all, this is a club that for the past few years has deemed Jesus Navas, a winger with a worse goals/assists output annually than most rightbacks, as a better bet on the wing than mercurial young talents like Barker and Roberts, or even Buckley and Nemane (they literally couldn't have done worse)

Pablo Maffeo got Man Of The Match against United in the Derby, never to be seen again; Pep opted to play Navas and Fernandinho out of position in the absence of the two geriatric orthodox rightbacks in the squad rather than give the kid the further opportunities that performance should have earned him.

If the owners are serious about the CFA being anything more than a Chelsea-esque vanity project, they need to seriously evaluate whether those currently running football matters at the club are the right men to utilise, validate and vindicate it.

Perfectly said.

It would be nice to actually get a decent draw against a low side in the League Cup to see any of Sancho, Brahim, and Foden play with the first team. Back on topic, I can understand the thought of homesickness but he wouldn't be getting playing time at any team in the Premier League.

Except he'd spend the majority of his time at home, and not travelling for his country. That comparison is obviously nonsense.
If he's as good as he thinks he is he'll ne spending at least six weeks away from England every yep years.
Clearly you anticipate Brexit meaning no English club would be allowed to play in any Uefa competitions and that all PL games will be played at home.

You're just obtuse and believe the people running the academy are crap.
Shit happens, players whether they are 34 or 17 can get greedy and lose touch with a sense of reality.

Wow what the hell are you saying, freaking read your own comment before you post, complete and utter nonsense.

Obviously if he plays for England he will travel for games, but it pales in comparison to the amount of time he would spend at home, and hence would like to spend more time in London than Manchester. Christ... common sense is not for some people apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.