Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
£55m for Walker is ludicrous but we need fullbacks badly so City have pay fortune.
It is on one level, but then look at the market. Based on the transfers that have gone through it's reasonable crazy as I know that sounds. If we get Mendy and Walker then we are getting very close.

I'd pay £60m if I had to. Walker is the best in England comfortably and as people are very quick to point out, we don't have a single right back, ergo we don't have a single piece of leverage with the deal.

Would we rather Walker didn't sign but the moral high ground of '£50m is too much' being upheld make anyone feel better because it sure as hell wouldn't me?

The money is high but look at the market! Swansea rejected £40m for Sigurdsson, Everton paid £30m for a Championship keeper and Chelsea are about to pay £40m for a player who will miss preseason and won't be available until September as he had the fluid removed from his knees.

Get him in, get him integrated and fix one of two glaring problems with our squad with a great player.

It could raise to 55m with add ons, that's not what is going to be paid up front.
Conflicting reports, but you can guarantee that whatever fee is agreed, the final fee with add-ons will be the one the media report. It's not going to matter given all the transfers that have gone through this Summer. You're no good if you're a Premiership player and not gone for £40m

I'd pay £60m if I had to. Walker is the best in England comfortably and as people are very quick to point out, we don't have a single right back, ergo we don't have a single piece of leverage with the deal.

Would we rather Walker didn't sign but the moral high ground of '£50m is too much' being upheld make anyone feel better because it sure as hell wouldn't me?

The money is high but look at the market! Swansea rejected £40m for Sigurdsson, Everton paid £30m for a Championship keeper and Chelsea are about to pay £40m for a player who will miss preseason and won't be available until September as he had the fluid removed from his knees.

Get him in, get him integrated and fix one of two glaring problems with our squad with a great player.

The biggest frame of reference is IMO, Michael Keane.

£30m + add-ons for a player with 1 season in the premier league at 24, 1 England start, and in the final year of his contract.

Why are people a; obsessed with the cost? And b; constantly questioning why we are after such and such when we could get (insert name here) cheaper from abroad?

Money is pretty much irrelevant in this day and age, and doesn't it occur that we are after Walker because that's who Pep wants in that position? I'm sure he's aware of other possible targets, but I'm going to trust his judgement on players much more than a 4 minute YouTube video of a bloke crossing a ball or making a good tackle (remember Otamendi looked amazing until we realised that the last ditch sliding tackle was his ONLY approach to defending)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.