Friedrich Engels statue

I'm a centrist and really dislike communism but Engels was a great thinker and the iconic meeting happened in our wonderful Greater Manchester so I'm not fussed.

Marx and Engels obviously didn't have the abuse of communist leaders that ensued in mind. It was the response to incredibly cruel and selfish conditions during the industrial revolution.

Using Hitler as a comparison is ridiculous.

No I'm completely uneducated

Can I ask if you've ever read the Black Book Of Communism?
No; not recently, but I am aware of it. Basically a catalogue of atrocities carried out by various communist/marxist states. Now, Engels was the driving force behind Marxism (with Marx, obviously). If I remember my history lessons from the stone ages, didn't he spend time in sunny Manchester (google would probably tell me, but that's the lazy way out). Engels was no angel, but it's a stretch to mention him in the same breath as Hitler. What I do agree with you though is that communism, in it's most extreme form, was just as bad as fascism. Both ideologies (again, in their extreme forms) were/are failures.

I'm a centrist and really dislike communism but Engels was a great thinker and the iconic meeting happened in our wonderful Greater Manchester so I'm not fussed.

Marx and Engels obviously didn't have the abuse of communist leaders that ensued in mind. It was the response to incredibly cruel and selfish conditions during the industrial revolution.

Using Hitler as a comparison is ridiculous.

100 million (rough estimate) people killed under communism

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.