Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good sign, for sure. But imo the decision should be based on performancce with the first team, not training or loans.

Perhaps Pep is going to give him a seaeon as 'occasional player' to see if he grabs it. Would be fair on the player & get rid of doubt either way.

Come on Pep, sign a long deal & manage like you were at Barca.
maybe pep watched him at celtic and was impressed And also got impressed by him in preseason.

maybe pep watched him at celtic and was impressed And also got impressed by him in preseason.

Maybe, but the true test is when he gets on, in a real game. Then often they do something spectacular & win a game but tail off, as we have seen many times with raglets. But then you find out for real, whether they have a chance or need moving on.

I think he would be a revelation. Technically better than sterling, but Sterling makes up for it with his pace.
With you on this, he has that ability to glide past defenders that not many have. Could argue that's because of the level of opposition but he did do it against us last year...

I think he would be a revelation. Technically better than sterling, but Sterling makes up for it with his pace.

Sometimes, being really good technically with the ball - actually makes up for a lack of pace. If you can keep the ball close and turn quickly, you leave most defenders for dead and can operate in tight spaces. Roberts is also not slow, not rapid, but Ive seen he does have a decent turn of pace - particularly on the ball.

He'd be replacing Navas as a back-up winger. He's clearly an improvement in creativity & he's home grown.

With Nolito, Navas & maybe Nacho leaving I'd hope at worst he'd be given the chance to impress in pre-season before a final decision is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.