Real Madrid want Otamendi

Think the issue is the goals going in. Ota was the best defender we had when Kompany is out. This is probably why he looked SO much better with vinny. So otas mistakes were Terrible mistakes cause no one could help. I'm confident now if Nico made a mistake, Kompany would be there, walker would be rapid to get back, and same with Mendy. And also a keeper of high quality who can stop these shots. Next season will be much better.

I agree with much of this. He looks brilliant with Kompany, but that gives him someone else to go for aerial stuff.

He punches well above his weight in the air (the OT league match last year?).

I think a lot of the time he gives up a freekick 40 yards out rather than let himself be run at 20 yards out.

The funny thing is I didn't even pass an opinion of Otamendi, just your idiocy for thinking hes better than Alderweireld for making more tackles.
You're choosing to pick one of the countless stats on my original post. What about the rest of those that Nico posts far higher numbers than Toby across? You've also chosen to completely ignore nearly every other point - perhaps the most important being his links to the biggest club in the world. It's cute.

Is Nico better than Toby? I do not watch enough of Toby to pass judgement. Is Nico a bad defender? Absolutely not. That's the point, the only point.

You're choosing to pick one of the countless stats on my original post. What about the rest of those that Nico posts far higher numbers than Toby across? You've also chosen to completely ignore nearly every other point - perhaps the most important being his links to the biggest club in the world. It's cute.

Is Nico better than Toby? I do not watch enough of Toby to pass judgement. Is Nico a bad defender? Absolutely not. That's the point, the only point.

I'm picking one because it's representative of the whole. You can replace "# of tackles made" with any statistic you want.

There's no stat for "dropped his marker" or "got caught out of position" or "Went to ground and missed the ball leading to a goal" so you, choosing to rely on statistics to make your argument don't see those negatives in Otamendi - or positives in Alderweireld.

You now say you don't even watch Alderweireld so you acknowledge your ignorance on how good he is/isn't and are relying completely on very basic stats to make the comparison.

Lastly, you seem to attribute value to being linked to Real Madrid. If we buy Danilo, is he better than Walker because he came from "the biggest club in the world"? No.

Is Kiko Cassilla the 2nd best goalkeeper in the world because he is at "the biggest club in the world"? No.

So would Otamendi going to Real Madrid and being 4th choice CB make him a world class defender? No.

Adebayor went to Real Madrid, did that make him one of the best forwards in the world? No.

Like usual you're chatting shit Dax. The poster above used statistics like tackling to show how Otamendi compared to Alderweireld in an attempt to show he's not bad, which inherently means you think stats like # of tackles, # of interceptions correlates to how good a player you are.

He might as well have said "Andros Townsend can not be bad like people claim. I mean look at his sprint speed compared to those of someone people deem really good like Messi"

Because everyone, even you, know that actually Alderweireld making 30 fewer tackles doesn't make him worse than Otamendi. Therefore to use that stat in an attempt to show he's "not bad" is completely idiotic.
Again, you are doing it. He didn't use # of tackles to do it. Nor is comparing speed to tackles the same.

He used 7 different defensive qualities that cover a multitude of what defenders engage in.

Now here is a challenge, show me a player bad player who scores more than Messi, dribbles more than Messi, creates more chances than Messi, completes more passes than Messi, takes more shots than Messi and scores more than Messi.

If you can find any player who this is true of, I'll shut up.

The irrationality lies with you guys who bend over backwards to ignore facts. Its not that Otamendi tackles more. Its that he does most statistically ddiscernible defensive actions more.

Like I've said, pick any offensive player you think is top class. Take all his offensive stats and find me a bad player who has similar or better stats in those categories.

Do you think Otamendi making 30 more tackles than Alderweireld makes him a better player?

If yes, you're an idiot.

If no, why would you use it in an attempt to show Otamendi isn't bad?
For fuck sake, enough with the red herrings. Its Embarrassing :(

I think Otamendi is a fantastic defender because he taclkes, intercepts, blocks, retrieves, wins more headers, creates more chances and is involved in more team action than Alderwired. And since Arrlderwerld is considered one of the top 2 defenders in the Prem then Ota can't be far off.

Now if you disagree that 8 discernible stats of a player that is better than those of another player deemed a top defender isn't proof.

Again I challenge you to find me a bad offensive player with better stats in similar categories: shots on target, goals, assists, chances created, pass completions, #of passes.

No one can find a bad player who is better at 90% of offensive stats than Aguero, Hazard, Silva or Sanchez. That's the point! Stop pretending not to get it.

if the reports are true that he's getting sold if we get a CB in, why has the figure of £20m been banded about if he's so good? just another in a loooooong line of transfers that we lose millions on. You couldn't write it. Him and Mangala approx £75m for the pair and if they go it'll be for approx £30m ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.