Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if this represents a change in formation to 3-4-3 because players like Danilo, Walker and Mendy are VERY attacking fullbacks,and in Danilo's case he is much better offensively than defensively.

Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Sane mixed in and have 4 wingbacks of Sane, Mendy, Danilo and Walker, the pace and physicality of those 4 is ridiculous.

Haven't seen alot of Danilo, but I think his case is similar to Moses in that, it's probably best to look at him as a defensive winger than an attacking fullback when considering his qualities.

I hope we do try out 3-4-3.

Completely agree..we are at the top of the tree in one of the strongest leagues in the world..there's no room for sentiment..if Maffeo was good enough he would be in the team..the fact that he's not says all that needs to be said

That's a perfectly fine stance to take, but if the club take that stance then lets cut the bullshit about how the academy matters, and how HRH wants academy players in the team.

Because as discussed previously in this thread, No one's good enough to go straight into a team at the top of world football. Even Iniesta spent 3 years picking up sub appearances before he was deemed good enough to start, players just don't arrive pre-packaged and ready to be world class out of an academy, or out of some relegation la liga candidate feeder club.

And if there's no sentiment, then why is Khaldoon talking about wanting Mancunian, local lads in the team? Either there's sentiment and you want to invest in making these local lads good enough by taking a chance on them or you don't give a fuck where they players come from.

If you expect Messi 2.0 to come from Moss side and force his way into the team because he's world class at 17 then perhaps thats the message the chairman should be giving out.

so real and barca maybe wont qualify for the champs league or contest the league,?
we need to qualify for the champs league,we are in a proper scrap for it, not with 1 or 2 teams but maybe another 6, i reckon barca and real,and Bayern have it a little easier wouldn't you ?

That's another point to this argument. The league we are in. So much stronger

That's a perfectly fine stance to take, but if the club take that stance then lets cut the bullshit about how the academy matters, and how HRH wants academy players in the team.

Because as discussed previously in this thread, No one's good enough to go straight into a team at the top of world football. Even Iniesta spent 3 years picking up sub appearances before he was deemed good enough to start, players just don't arrive pre-packaged and ready to be world class out of an academy, or out of some relegation la liga candidate feeder club.

And if there's no sentiment, then why is Khaldoon talking about wanting Mancunian, local lads in the team? Either there's sentiment or you don't give a fuck where they players come from.

everybody wants academy players in the team. but not just for the sake of it.

And if there's no sentiment, then why is Khaldoon talking about wanting Mancunian, local lads in the team? Either there's sentiment or you don't give a fuck where they players come from.
Just wanting to put an idea out there that if City do change to a 3-4-3 in the future then Maffeo's career isn't necessarily over at city with the Danilo signing.

Everytime I watched Maffeo play, he seemed like a defensive fullback to me, I don't know if he has the energy and pace to go up and down the pitch over 90 minutes. Having said that, being a defensive fullback makes him perfect for the RCB role in a back 3, and I think his future lies there.

Essentially the same role Azpilecueta has at Chelsea (RCB).

That's another point to this argument. The league we are in. So much stronger

Miraculous how Spurs managed to use players like Harry Winks and Onomah (no loans) in this league while finishing above us then.

everybody wants academy players in the team. but not just for the sake of it.
It would be like throwing paint at a canvas and praying you get a masterpiece. Danilo is probably a target to rotate with Walker AND Mendy. We probably want his ability to play both sides because Southampton are trying to take us to the cleaners on Bertrand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.