Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
we won't wait players until they are 25 to prove they are good. Spurs bought Trippier when he was 25. Until then he wasn't really in Barca but Burnley.

Which is why we're going to move to selling 20 year olds a lot more but insert those buy back clauses we are suddenly seeing.

But he was an academy player we let go out who went on to a good career, as has Denis Suarez.

Somewhere along the lines we make decisions on these kids, and they won't all be the right ones.

The problem Trippier had was that we had Micah at RB and Hughes went out and bought Zab. He was 3rd choice and decided it was best to leave, which turned out to be true in his case. Also, we are at a completely different level than when Kieran left.

Last edited:
I'm not, It's the truth that if you create a system where players have to be world class at 18, and improve the starting XI of one of the best teams in the world on debut, you will never, ever have an academy player in the team.

Who says they need to improve the starting X1? They need to be able to compete. I'd love for Maffeo to be back up this season but if he isn't considered good that's that. That doesn't mean no one ever will that's just a ridiculous emotional statement.

By the way he hasn't been bought yet. Apparently Chavs still after him. Trying to argue 1st choice player rather than back up. Hope we do get him though

Which is why we're going to move to selling 20 year olds a lot more but insert those buy back clauses we are suddenly seeing.

I'm fine with that though in big scheme of things buyback clause doesn't mean much. If player turns to be super star, he'll have many choices and won't be obliged to accept to come back. It could help a bit if it's some local lad but some foreign kid won't have that connection and might very well pick some other big club.

Every fullback that has moved to a top club this season has moved for 30 million or less. Yet, folks are trying hard to convince themselves 30 million is fair for a backup.

Its mind boggling the mental gymnastics our fans want to go thru. If you don't give a shit what we pay, great. I respect that. But its folks trying to convince themselves 30 million is fair for a backup is just laughable. I mean, Real is about to make a profit on a guy they overpaid for, and who wasn't good enough for them.

Its like us pinning off Bony for 30 million. Its insane.

Anyway. :([/QUOTE
you ONLY see Danilo as , say, a backup RB? What if Pep, and the club, see him as more than this...would that not change his valuation, even in your eyes? Besides which, is it not possible for a player to have a move that 'doesn't work out' without his career being written off?

By the way he hasn't been bought yet. Apparently Chavs still after him. Trying to argue 1st choice player rather than back up. Hope we do get him though

Di Marzio and the Italian lot have good ties to Conte and they say it's done, so I'd be pretty confident.

Mods not bothering to control this convo lol. Discussion has definitely gone into discussion over youth players than about Danilo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.