Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we keep hold of him, itll show that for the first time in over a decade, we have put football ambitions ahead of profit, that doesnt make us arrogant. There is nothing wrong with wanting to compete.

There are a few possibilities here;

1. Sanchez fully intends to sign a new contract at the Arse, and is just holding out for more money.
2. He intends to see out his contract, then leave on a free next year for one last big signing on fee & and top wages.
3. The Arse want to cash in, and are just using our interest to push up the price
4. He likes what we are offering (assuming there is an offer on the table), and wants to come to City.

Now, we all know Arsey Whinger would be loathed to sell him to a rival, so in reality it is highly unlikely he will grace us with his presence this season, unless he seriously digs his heels in. I suppose it all depends if the Arsenal Board see it the same way as Whinger; they'd be stupid to let him go on a free.

Incidentally, anyone know the latest odds? I'm at work and can't look at gambling sites.

To be really honest, and maybe a little naive, I really don't want Sanchez at 50-60m.

If he was free, then great, but spending that sort of money on a player without first adressing the centre-half & defensive-mid problems that we have (and that's assuming that we're close to getting some left-backs) seems a little frivoulous.

We scored fairly well last year, finishing 3rd mainly due to a wank defense. I'm not sure we need to do much more than to sort that out (in addition to our signings so far) to win the league.

The CL on the other hand is a lottery as much as owt else...

If we keep hold of him, itll show that for the first time in over a decade, we have put football ambitions ahead of profit, that doesnt make us arrogant. There is nothing wrong with wanting to compete.
It's not arrogant , it's sensible

For this to go through sanchez will have to make a public statement to the press be it in Chile or here saying his wish is to come to city or carnt see this going through this summer .

Unless City make a huge offer, for 50m the sensible thing for Arsenal may be to keep him, for 70m it may not be. There will be a cut off where it becomes stupid to refuse an offer for a player with a year left, anything 70m and upwards would also finance a decent replacement. I think the ball is in Sanchez and Man city's court, how badly does he want to go to you, and how badly do you want him. At the moment neither seem that desperate to be honest.

My hope is still strong.
be3702b38a80b98b0f12a773bd624e9a.jpg

There are a few possibilities here;

1. Sanchez fully intends to sign a new contract at the Arse, and is just holding out for more money.
2. He intends to see out his contract, then leave on a free next year for one last big signing on fee & and top wages.
3. The Arse want to cash in, and are just using our interest to push up the price
4. He likes what we are offering (assuming there is an offer on the table), and wants to come to City.

Now, we all know Arsey Whinger would be loathed to sell him to a rival, so in reality it is highly unlikely he will grace us with his presence this season, unless he seriously digs his heels in. I suppose it all depends if the Arsenal Board see it the same way as Whinger; they'd be stupid to let him go on a free.

Incidentally, anyone know the latest odds? I'm at work and can't look at gambling sites.

Sky Bet 4/6 to stay at Arsenal, us and PSG @3/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.