United Pre-Match Thread - Friendly in Houston - Kick off now 03:05am (BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the idea of playing the rags in "friendlies" - there is the distinct possibility of some rather crude tackles from them causing injury to our players - I don't trust the shower of @+#$% !!

Are there any sanctions on players that could see them suspended for league games if they get sent off in a preseason friendly?

With the importance Pep placed on keeping Sergio and Gabriel fit in the presser he gave, if there are no sanctions for dirty play in a friendly I don't think I would be playing them this game... nor D Silva, KDB or Vinnie. Don't trust that lot we're playing at all, even moreso with the way they've played against the American teams recently.

Still, whatever will be will be I suppose. Little doubt they'll all get minutes.

Good luck to them all, hope they enjoy themselves, have a nice run round and stay safe to play in the games that matter.

Houston is fine, if you love unending humidity, freeway overpasses, and zoning that places churches and schools next to strip clubs and liquor stores.
It's a trade-off. Three brutal months in the summer but we can jog, ride bikes, and play outdoor sports in December while others are shoveling snow and sanding roads. I was in San Francisco a couple of years ago in July. While it doesn't have as many wingnuts running around on the streets as L.A., I would have been warmer hanging out in a walk-in freezer. Mark Twain was correct.

It's a trade-off. Three brutal months in the summer but we can jog, ride bikes, and play outdoor sports in December while others are shoveling snow and sanding roads. I was in San Francisco a couple of years ago in July. While it doesn't have as many wingnuts running around on the streets as L.A., I would have been warmer hanging out in a walk-in freezer. Mark Twain was correct.

We know the summer tourists in SF because they wear shorts and don't have either down jackets or fleece hoodies like locals. I swear to God 95% of them haven't read a single guide book. Also, if you go four miles north or south of the City in summer, it's 75 and perfect. Micro-climates baby.

Are there any sanctions on players that could see them suspended for league games if they get sent off in a preseason friendly?
Rooney & Scholes were suspended in 2006 after receiving red cards. It depends on whether the ref chooses to file a report on the cards

Not that interested in friendlies at the best of times, but particularly ones at 2am in the morning, even if it's United. Presumably they'll be favourites, having had an extra week of pre-season and two games already. Think people are worrying unduly about them hobbling our players though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.