Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe people are flapping just because he ain't Signed yet... Monaco will only accept what they feel the player is worth...there team is getting ripped apart at the seams so won't be bent over and royaly shaffted...they no the player is in demand so will rightfully hang on for the best deal and fee possible ...there only like us want the best deal for the club...it gets done when it gets done ...CHILL

Last edited:
Exactly Tom, you say something people don't like the sound of and it's assumed you are an undercover rag. The fact is this should have been finalised weeks ago as he is a main target.

So, just fuck negotiations off, pay the asking price and be done with it?

So, "We don't know what is causing the delay", but "....its time to tell the parties he signs in the next 24 hours or we move on"

So many posters comment as if this was just like buying some furniture of ebay. If you go back to the Sterling and KDB transfers they were clearly done 'behind the scenes' with Txiki clearly having the contacts to get deals done through the players contacts and then enter into negotiations with the clubs - they then became protracted negotiations - but after CITY had already got the player and agent onside. I suspect very few people in the game could do this - the accountant at the scum certainly does not have any insider footballer contacts which is why he gets screwed over.

We all get frustrated and are keen to see our key positions filled, but we are now recruiting top players not squad fillers - it is obvious that the selling clubs would rather keep hold of them or if not extract the highest possible fee from CITY.

It really is a bit more complicated than making take it or leave it statements - that would be daft and likely wreck months of preparation done 'behind the scenes'.

Patience is needed - we will miss out on a couple of possible signings along the way. Like Alves, but given the Alves situation well - so what? He did a fucking big U-turn because PSG offered double the money - shit happens.

You may be right but the footprint of this one looks to be similar to the on-off, today-no its tomorrow now, by Friday - no its after the weekend now we had with Alves. Maybe some of our other more protracted successes would have been less protracted if we had played a bit more hardball? Pep's comment yesterday about the transfer window being too long was clearly all about this. If you only got 4 weeks of a window it would give selling clubs less time to play games with us.

So, just fuck negotiations off, pay the asking price and be done with it?

Within reason obviously. Its danger with such an important target to drag heels over the final fee. Who can we sign if we lose him, I don't see too much quality available in that position.

Within reason obviously. Its danger with such an important target to drag heels over the final fee. Who can we sign if we lose him, I don't see too much quality available in that position.

So if the club think what Monaco are asking for is unreasonable then it's fine to negotiate is what you are saying. Maybe Monaco are requesting something that's unreasonable then?

Always seems slightly absurd to me when people say we should "walk away" from a deal just because it's not progressing as quickly as they'd like.

I suspect the club aren't going to sack off months of negotiations because a few City fans are getting impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.