Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the club think what Monaco are asking for is unreasonable then it's fine to negotiate is what you are saying. Maybe Monaco are requesting something that's unreasonable then?[/QUOTE

It's ok to negotiate but if Monaco are asking crazy money then we should have moved on by now. I believe from reports it's not stupid money but slightly higher than Citys valuation. We should just pay it as it could be the difference winning a trophy and winning nothing.

Always seems slightly absurd to me when people say we should "walk away" from a deal just because it's not progressing as quickly as they'd like.

I suspect the club aren't going to sack off months of negotiations because a few City fans are getting impatient.

You get to a point in a negotiation where you know if the buyer/seller is serious about the valuation they place on the item. At this point you make your decision as to how firm you want to make your stand and capitulate or move on. Once that point has been reached the parties can test each others resolve but that doesn't take too long unless one of the parties has their own reasons to delay an agreement.

You better wil because it's true.

Monaco agreed to sell Bernardo they promised him. Mendy has a very long contract and only played 1 season at Monaco and he was amazing they don't want to sell so you have to pay top top dollar.

Both Silva and Bakayoko are younger, better and not injury prone..Probably why we are dragging our heels because he is simply not worth the money. If he was he'd be here by now?
Amazing is being kind..he played a solid part in an amazing team performance.

Both Silva and Bakayoko are younger, better and not injury prone..Probably why we are dragging our heels because he is simply not worth the money. If he was he'd be here by now?
Amazing is being kind..he played a solid part in an amazing team performance.

Bakayoko was generally accepted as being the weakest link out of Monaco's great squad, it was either him, Jemerson or Sidibe at least. Mendy was one of the players who showed a lot of individual talent, others like the ones I mentioned before benefitted a lot from a very good system.

His injury record is my only big worry.

You get to a point in a negotiation where you know if the buyer/seller is serious about the valuation they place on the item. At this point you make your decision as to how firm you want to make your stand and capitulate or move on. Once that point has been reached the parties can test each others resolve but that doesn't take too long unless one of the parties has their own reasons to delay an agreement.
You know fuck all about the details of the negotiations, the delay could be anything,even something to do with his previous club Marseille who may be due a percentage of the fee and they and Monaco are trying thrash out some compromise, transfers are complicated deals with many caveats included, we're dealing in multi millions of pounds here not buying a pair of fuckin trainers.

You know fuck all about the details of the negotiations, the delay could be anything,even something to do with his previous club Marseille who may be due a percentage of the fee and they and Monaco are trying thrash out some compromise, transfers are complicated deals with many caveats included, we're dealing in multi millions of pounds here not buying a pair of fuckin trainers.

Many deals are thrashed out quicker than it takes me to pick a pair of trainers. Robinho for example

Bakayoko was generally accepted as being the weakest link out of Monaco's great squad, it was either him, Jemerson or Sidibe at least. Mendy was one of the players who showed a lot of individual talent, others like the ones I mentioned before benefitted a lot from a very good system.

His injury record is my only big worry.
That and his defensive capabilities. Plenty of time to improve that though.

Yep. Just pay it

No one will give a flying fukc whether we paid 40, 45, or 50 million in two years time when we win the PL and CL double

No one will remember the exact price paid or be remotely arsed.

Hey everyone, City are a soft touch, spread the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.