State Pension Age Up Again

Erm all of them I think if the government ministers were held to the same standards as 'normal' company directors they would have been in court found guilty and spent 6 months in HMP Ford we are being screwed imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whilst I agree with you about government ministers you are wrong about "all public sector pensions" which is why I specifically asked which ones.

The full state pension allowance is a bit strange
I have 39 years of full NI contributions, but when I've gone on line to check, it says that I need another full three years of NIC to qualify for the full amount
I thought to receive the full state pension it was 35 years!

I had a long conversation with them about this very anomaly on Monday.

It all comes down to having years when you were contracted out via a company pension scheme.

You'll notice how they did the usual and dropped it on the last day of parliament before they all departed on their summer jollys. This lot , who are still on a final salary pension , mess around with ours (paid for by us not a benefit).

How long before we wake up do you think?

Remember the savings element of pension credit was abolished in April 2016.

Good post.Longevity is one thing but our quality of life is another.
For those not invested into a private pension try not to panic too much.
And any among you who have not paid in sufficient contributions for a full state pension fret not as the government will simply top it up with pension credits.At the moment a couple can be topped up in excess of £240 a week.
Not a massive amount but if you have your own home it's more than enough to live off for seventy year old's.
Most working class seventy year old's have massively slowed down and with old age comes a different criteria.
A nice slice of crumbly cake and pot of tea followed by an afternoon nap.

If you have a few bob or a house then spend up from 57-70 and produce yourself with not a proverbial pot to piss in.
Cut down your hours now and enjoy the fruits of your labour whilst your little fat legs will let you.
They tell the working classes to adopt austerity and save for the rainy day but truth of the matter is that it's always raining if your working class.
No good looking forward to an active fun filled retirement if your joints wont work.
Do you really want to go down hill skiing at 70 or touring the globe with arthritis or gout ?
No worries but do enjoy yourselves before it's too late.

The above assumes you will still be breathing at seventy.
Absolutely spot on

You'll notice how they did the usual and dropped it on the last day of parliament before they all departed on their summer jollys. This lot , who are still on a final salary pension , mess around with ours (paid for by us not a benefit).

How long before we wake up do you think?

I thought this also - talk about do as I say not say as I do cheeky twats

Pensions are something I've no clue on and I've buried my head in the sand on the subject with the view that if I need to work when I'm older then so be it.

At 35 it's been hard enough working my arse off in order to get together a deposit for our home and also save to get married so a pension has been left on the back burner.

I get nothing off my employer other than the NEST contribution and I'm not even sure they contribute. I just see the deduction on my payslip every week.

Been in the house over 2 years now tho and married so savings are starting to mount up. However where to start with regards saving for retirement is a minefield.

Looking at a lifetime ISA at the moment as if you save £4000 you get a further 25% put in on top so an extra £1000 each year until I'm 50.

Not enough to retire on though.

Trouble is that I cannot find anything that gives you a simple X amount of money each week/month/year if you invest X amount per week/month/year from now until your 65.

I'd like to start saving for retirement but just do not have a clue on how to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.