BBC pay reveal

I doubt the viewing figures would go down if Julian Clary was hosting it.
Match of the Gay? I'd start watching it again if they did this. ;-D
Seriously, I avoid certain output purely based on the pundits they employ - even if I'm streaming for free. MOTD gets watched on catchup so I can fast forward Linekar and co. BT Sport gets overlooked in favour of US coverage.

I reckon if they had no presenters for motd the viewing figures would be about the same

Or they could get Louise Minchin or Naga Munchetti to introduce the matches, a 20 second slot just to say who is playing and where
At the end of the show the presenter comments on the movers up and down the table. Job done and they earn an extra £25k per year

Someone said to me about Lineker doing a great job and him being responsible for the MOTD viewing figures??!?! FFS it's fucking FOOTBALL. Half the blokes in the country are interested in the games that happened on a Saturday and I doubt the viewing figures would go down if Julian Clary was hosting it.

And as for Alan whoops-where's-me-brain-gone Shearer, on half a million. FOR FUCKS SAKE.
Indeed. We are told that he can command higher fees if he moves, I very much doubt it, and if so
why not go? MOTD would be watched by exactly the same audience if Julian Clary or Ken Dodd was hosting it.

Gary Winston Lineker
, OBE (/ˈlɪnᵻkər/; born 30 November 1960) is an English retired footballer and current sports broadcaster. He holds England's record for goals in FIFA World Cup finals, with 10 scored. Lineker's media career began with the BBC, where he has presented the flagship programme Match of the Day since the late 1990s. He has also worked for Al Jazeera Sports, Eredivisie Live, NBC Sports Network and currently hosts BT Sport's coverage of the UEFA Champions League.

He's got nowhere to move to it looks like he already works for all of the competition anyway.

I reckon if they had no presenters for motd the viewing figures would be about the same
Precisely.

The beeb are basically just lobbing a load of our money at their chums, for the privilege of insulting us every week. Marvellous.

Things change in a working environment. I don't see why those who earn loads should be treated differently.

We the public put a lot of money in. Other public services have to publish salaries so carry on I say. Transparency is good. Is shows those who are not worth it.

It's not about treating people who earn loads differently it's about treating people with decency. People who joined the BBC did not do so on the understanding their salaries would become public knowledge. If they joined knowing their salaries would be public then fine as it becomes their choice to join or not join. Outing people like this has fuck all to do with transparency and everything to do with making life difficult for the BBC.

As for those 'who are not worth it' well worth what exactly? Lineaker is paid the market rate. He would get the same if not more at Sky or ITV. Are we saying the BBC should not pay the market rate because Mr. Snodding of 24 Emsworth Drive, Chipping Norton thinks he's a bit shit and a liberal leftie to boot? So the Beeb shouldn't have presenters or hosts or perhaps only those who earn minimum wage?

The BBC for all we gripe about it has value. It's one of the few sodding things left in this country that does have value. Even if it is rag central.

It's not about treating people who earn loads differently it's about treating people with decency. People who joined the BBC did not do so on the understanding their salaries would become public knowledge. If they joined knowing their salaries would be public then fine as it becomes their choice to join or not join. Outing people like this has fuck all to do with transparency and everything to do with making life difficult for the BBC.

As for those 'who are not worth it' well worth what exactly? Lineaker is paid the market rate. He would get the same if not more at Sky or ITV. Are we saying the BBC should not pay the market rate because Mr. Snodding of 24 Emsworth Drive, Chipping Norton thinks he's a bit shit and a liberal leftie to boot? So the Beeb shouldn't have presenters or hosts or perhaps only those who earn minimum wage?

The BBC for all we gripe about it has value. It's one of the few sodding things left in this country that does have value. Even if it is rag central.

This has been answered many times mate.

The BBC levy what is in effect a tax in all but name and if Mr Lineker wants to collect tax money for pontificating we should have the right to know how much we are paying him. The value of the BBC isn't the question at hand it's the bullying tactics by the corporation aided by the govt to draw in a tax to fund an organisation that would die on its feet if it didn't have special status. We pay we should have a say.

Rot.
The government levy the licence, not the BBC.
The government then appoint people to run the business, which I'm fairly certain reports to Parliament.
We don't have a say in what other government employees and contractors are paid, why should this be different?

Rot.
The government levy the licence, not the BBC.
The government then appoint people to run the business, which I'm fairly certain reports to Parliament.
We don't have a say in what other government employees and contractors are paid, why should this be different?

MP's and civil servants salaries are always scrutinised, it isn't rot it's a fact that the fee is a tax and we have every right to see if it's spent wisely or wasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.