Sky Sports Relaunch- New and Exclusive Channels for Football

This pretty much! Only channels I watch on sky are Sky Sports when football is on, sky Atlantic when Game of Thrones is on, and possibly the movie channels if there's a film I want to see with is very rare!!

The price of Sky/Virgin tv is not worth the price for how much tv I actually watch! Say if it cost me £960 a year, I'm probably watching about £100 worth a year!! May as well burn the £860...
I called yesterday to try and repackage as I am spending far too much. Only watch Premier League football and Sky Atlantic (in HD). Told the agent I was not interested in Box sets, Sky Movies, kids channel or anything else. Best price £74 per month. Told him I am leaving. They claimed they couldn't process that as their systems were down so battle recommences on Saturday. They really are robbing bastards.

Basically no difference from before, aside you *might* save a fiver here or there
It was a gimmick to try and get people interested in getting a legit sky sports package again; they're going to have to do better than that

I called yesterday to try and repackage as I am spending far too much. Only watch Premier League football and Sky Atlantic (in HD). Told the agent I was not interested in Box sets, Sky Movies, kids channel or anything else. Best price £74 per month. Told him I am leaving. They claimed they couldn't process that as their systems were down so battle recommences on Saturday. They really are robbing bastards.
I was looking yesterday out of interest and I could get the full sports pack for £20 on top of my basic original package which I pay £15 for. I don't think £35 month for pretty much everything I want to watch is that bad. No HD of course, but you don't really need it. Your eyes get used to SD after a while and makes BBC, C4 and ITV look great in comparison.
I only have a 42" TV though.

I was looking yesterday out of interest and I could get the full sports pack for £20 on top of my basic original package which I pay £15 for. I don't think £35 month for pretty much everything I want to watch is that bad. No HD of course, but you don't really need it. Your eyes get used to SD after a while and makes BBC, C4 and ITV look great in comparison.
I only have a 42" TV though.
Yeah it's HD that pumps the price up which is feckin ridiculous! You need to take their highest price bundle to get that which has all sorts I don't need. Bung on a multi room charge which is downright criminal in my eyes and bob's your uncle £74. One of my hobbies is AV and Hi fi so I do really want HD/ HDR, but resent having to pay an extra £40 a month to get it. That's the equivalent of another season ticket!

Yeah it's HD that pumps the price up which is feckin ridiculous! You need to take their highest price bundle to get that which has all sorts I don't need. Bung on a multi room charge which is downright criminal in my eyes and bob's your uncle £74. One of my hobbies is AV and Hi fi so I do really want HD/ HDR, but resent having to pay an extra £40 a month to get it. That's the equivalent of another season ticket!

I accept that tv is classed as a luxury therefore not a requirement for living, still I don't think it's a valid excuse for companies like Sky/Virgin or BT to charge what they do....

I'm on virgin Vivid which is 200 MB broadband, and I get unlimited landline for £61 a month. I do get the use out of the broadband as I do have a lot of devices connected to the Wi-Fi and I stream/download a lot (especially games).
If I was to include the tv package on top I'm looking at £90-120 a month, so I can't justify any of that.... I use the phone/broadband more than I would for the TV service, so the TV services is the one that gets chopped!!

Multiroom is another swizz. I bought a Freesat box for my second room instead. Plenty of stuff on hat to watch. Dave on there from 1st August, too.

I think Sky are ****s and I just wanted to say that.
They are but they have made my favourite advert ever. Prime time ITV last night
(The hobbit). Then the advert... Marin Tyler's words and Panoramic scenes of the Etihad. Imagining a load of the plastic ****s turning it off

As per usual I'm thinking of ditching Sky. I'm pretty busy with work etc. so only really interested in City games. Thinking about Now TV. Is it HD quality?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.