BBC pay reveal

MP's and civil servants salaries are always scrutinised, it isn't rot it's a fact that the fee is a tax and we have every right to see if it's spent wisely or wasted.

The government supervise the BBC activity. The BBC do not bully to draw a tax.

We don't scrutinise MPs' pay; we don't scrutinise civil servants' pay; Parliament does both (or appoints a body to do so), just as it reviews the BBC expenditure periodically. We the people elect MPs to run things; that's our say.

The government supervise the BBC activity. The BBC do not bully to draw a tax.

We don't scrutinise MPs' pay; we don't scrutinise civil servants' pay; Parliament does both (or appoints a body to do so), just as it reviews the BBC expenditure periodically. We the people elect MPs to run things; that's our say.

They are part of that mechanism it's disingenuous to suggest otherwise. The BBC is one of the projects that needs a long hard rethink, if it can't survive without forcing people to pay perhaps it should suffer the organic death it deserves. We DO scrutinise MP's pay we look at it and have an opinion on it, what's happening to the fat Cats at the BBC is exactly the same and if they get judged on a personal level for their employment benefits so what? I for one don't care that Linekers feelings are upset.

They are part of that mechanism it's disingenuous to suggest otherwise. The BBC is one of the projects that needs a long hard rethink, if it can't survive without forcing people to pay perhaps it should suffer the organic death it deserves. We DO scrutinise MP's pay we look at it and have an opinion on it, what's happening to the fat Cats at the BBC is exactly the same and if they get judged on a personal level for their employment benefits so what? I for one don't care that Linekers feelings are upset.

didn't there used to be a rule as well that if you are on the bbc (and an employee of the bbc paid by the public ) then you could not appear on other channels or adverts. Isnt the big eared tosser on BT and walkers crisps ads all the time.

didn't there used to be a rule as well that if you are on the bbc (and an employee of the bbc paid by the public ) then you could not appear on other channels or adverts. Isnt the big eared tosser on BT and walkers crisps ads all the time.

He's on a lot of channels isn't he? There are no ethics at the BBC it isn't Horlicks and the Fantastic Five any more, it's looking very much like what it is, a junket for the better off.

The BBC are a fucking disgrace.

Paedophile cover ups and paying all these talentless arsewipes grotesque salaries.

So glad I haven't paid to fund al this shite through the 'tv licence' for 3 years now.

And wasn't it that smug **** Lineker who was sticking in the boot in about Kyle Walker's 'worth' on Twitter the other day? The little shitbag.

It's not about treating people who earn loads differently it's about treating people with decency. People who joined the BBC did not do so on the understanding their salaries would become public knowledge. If they joined knowing their salaries would be public then fine as it becomes their choice to join or not join. Outing people like this has fuck all to do with transparency and everything to do with making life difficult for the BBC.

As for those 'who are not worth it' well worth what exactly? Lineaker is paid the market rate. He would get the same if not more at Sky or ITV. Are we saying the BBC should not pay the market rate because Mr. Snodding of 24 Emsworth Drive, Chipping Norton thinks he's a bit shit and a liberal leftie to boot? So the Beeb shouldn't have presenters or hosts or perhaps only those who earn minimum wage?

The BBC for all we gripe about it has value. It's one of the few sodding things left in this country that does have value. Even if it is rag central.

Decency - this is the BBC we talking about. How anyone there can even use the word is beyond a joke. And no I am not including the presenters in any of the goings on. The organisation has been a mess and a disgrace for years, if this is just one of the ways we the public get to keep it on a leash then fair enough for me.

If you agree that all public services or connected to the public should not produce salary details then fair enough but they do so the BBC for me should also.

The market rate argument just shows that imo the rate has gone way over the top. That is my opinion. I am entitled as I pay my licence fee

He's on a lot of channels isn't he? There are no ethics at the BBC it isn't Horlicks and the Fantastic Five any more, it's looking very much like what it is, a junket for the better off.

I think that's why a few of them are on big money so there's a retainer payment in there as well so they can't work for any other organisation. I'm thinking Graham Norton, Alan Shearer and Chris Evans

Fuck knows how big ears has got his money for MOTD, the Euro's and SPOTY
Oh actually, does he do the golf? That's four days

Decency - this is the BBC we talking about. How anyone there can even use the word is beyond a joke. And no I am not including the presenters in any of the goings on. The organisation has been a mess and a disgrace for years, if this is just one of the ways we the public get to keep it on a leash then fair enough for me.

If you agree that all public services or connected to the public should not produce salary details then fair enough but they do so the BBC for me should also.

The market rate argument just shows that imo the rate has gone way over the top. That is my opinion. I am entitled as I pay my licence fee

Are you saying employees of the BBC are not entitled to be treated with respect or decency? And as I repeatedly said transparency is not the issue. If the BBC are to publish salaries then you should know this prior to joining so that you can make an informed choice. Outing people who joined on the expectation of privacy is wrong. If you want to make salaries public then do so for new hires not the existing hires.

The motive behind this has nothing to do with transparency, gender gaps, nurses or public sector pay in general. It is designed to make life difficult for the BBC. Chris Evens earning £2 or £2m will have zero impact on nurses pay. Chris Evens or Lineaker are not responsible for nurses pay and putting them in the stocks of public opinion will not help a struggling nurse one fucking bit.

It's classic misdirection. Nurses are low paid but Lineaker gets zillions. Yeah it's all Gary fucking Lineaker's fault.

I know there was one that Kids' TV presenters were restricted in what they could advertise, the reasoning being fairly obvious. Not sure about an outright ban.

I think he's essentially freelance, rather than an employee, so has separate contracts with BBC and BT.

I know there was one that Kids' TV presenters were restricted in what they could advertise, the reasoning being fairly obvious. Not sure about an outright ban.

I think he's essentially freelance, rather than an employee, so has separate contracts with BBC and BT.

and walkers...

the boy does well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.