Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why we're not signing him for a few million. The logic that dictates if we pay them now we'll set the standard is wrong. Correct logic is if we buy the right LB now we won't have to shop for a new one next year and every year. If we don't, then we'll be shopping for a new LB to replace the shite LB we settle with now just like we do with centre halves every year. If we don't spend the £45 mil now, god knows what we'll spend in years to replace the one we get once we lose Mendy not to mention risking the title that also costs money and prestige.

I don't see why we're not signing him for a few million. The logic that dictates if we pay them now we'll set the standard is wrong. Correct logic is if we buy the right LB now we won't have to shop for a new one next year and every year. If we don't, then we'll be shopping for a new LB to replace the shite LB we settle with now just like we do with centre halves every year. If we don't spend the £45 mil now, god knows what we'll spend in years to replace the one we get once we lose Mendy not to mention risking the title that also costs money and prestige.

That wasn't the logic, the logic was you don't just pay the asking price, you try to negotiate it down.

As for what the difference in valuation is, nobody here has any idea because they are not party to the negotiations.

What's irking me is the advice being given on how we should be doing our business by people with not one tenth of a clue about the complexities of multi-million pound deals, or the current status of any one of them.

This, this, and this. It's beyond cringeworthy witnessing all these armchair business tsars spouting what "they" would do instead. Txiki et al are not paid to callously spunk the Sheikh's money up the wall, these things take time and careful planning.

"If I were Mendy"... Jesus wept.

Mendy is definitely worth the 45m in my eyes. The most I'd go is 55m. 35m would be a great price, but that's not happening. For Danilo I would've loved us to get him for around 12 - 18 mil and the most I'd pay is 25m. I'm not too bothered by the 26.5m we will pay.

Ofc the club knows much more than me and know what they are doing.

That wasn't the logic, the logic was you don't just pay the asking price, you try to negotiate it down.

As for what the difference in valuation is, nobody here has any idea because they are not party to the negotiations.

Haven't we learned our lesson with Alves? Do we need another lesson with Mendy if Chelsea poach him? And say we get in finally sometime in August. When is he going to learn Pep's system, a month after the league starts?

The difference between Monaco's valuation and what we offer isn't 10s of millions, it's 5 millions according to reports. 5 million is less than what we'll make with Fernando's sale.

Do you think 5 mil is worth saving if we can't get the top LB and have to settle with someone and lose title?

So by signing a left back first we would be in a better negotiating position to sign a right back?

I said "if anything". I didn't claim that it would certainly make a difference. Many fullbacks can play on the other side if required, cutting inside rather than overlapping the winger on the outside.

Anyway, you suggested that it would have the opposite effect, which you failed to justify.

This, this, and this. It's beyond cringeworthy witnessing all these armchair business tsars spouting what "they" would do instead. Txiki et al are not paid to callously spunk the Sheikh's money up the wall, these things take time and careful planning.

"If I were Mendy"... Jesus wept.

There is a reason they're armchair business tsars and not actually doing anything important, and it's not because they're good at negotiations.

I said "if anything". I didn't claim that it would certainly make a difference. Many fullbacks can play on the other side if required, cutting inside rather than overlapping the winger on the outside.

Anyway, you suggested that it would have the opposite effect, which you failed to justify.

No I didn't, I said you'd be on here saying the opposite.

"If I were Mendy"

I'd mendy in the morning
I'd mendy in the evening,
All over this land

I'd mendy out danger,
I'd mendy out a warning,
I'd mendy out love between my brothers and my sisters,
All over this land.

If I had a bell,
I'd ring it in the morning,
I'd ring it in the evening,
All over this land

I'd ring out danger,
I'd ring out a warning
I'd ring out love between my brothers and my sisters,
All over this land.

If I had a song,
I'd sing it in the morning,
I'd sing it in the evening,
All over this land

I'd sing out danger,
I'd sing out a warning
I'd sing out love between my brothers and my sisters,
All over this land.

Well I got a mendy,
And I got a bell,
And I got a song to sing, all over this land.

It's the mendy of Justice,
It's the bell of Freedom,
It's the song about Love between my brothers and my sisters,
All over this land.

It's the mendy of Justice,
It's the bell of Freedom,
It's the song about Love between my brothers and my sisters,
All over this land

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.