Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
City and Monaco will end up agreeing on £50m + add ons in late July or early August. There is no need to flap, we had a bid for Walker rejected too.

This the 3rd bid we've had rejected from Monaco, I don't think Txiki can hear or comprehend.

Least we know we're in for him...sky prob saw a tweet off some no mark and put there sky sources bollox to it....couple of days of hammering a fee out and he will be ours
£10m difference is a lot of ground to make up.

Everybody wants to believe it was only 43. Everybody starts their cvomments with "then why did they only sell bernardo for 43?" well it's because they probably didn't.

But it's obvious City feeds english media 43m (which is the price without bonuses) And monaco feeds french media the full price. They always do this.

Bouhafsi is the most reliable french journalist and there is no reason not to believe him.

So you have just contradicted yourself, £43m is the price we paid. Add ons/bonuses are exactly that, they are conditions which have to be met and currently have not been met.

Over £100m on a left and right back is just ridiculous.

I don't think so. As far as I know we're in the business to win trophies, not save money. When we have no FBs and when teams know that they'll charge us. Whose fault is it that we were with no FBs? Not mine. Who does the planning here, whose job is it? My job is to pay for tickets, to buy shirts, to support. Whose job is to plan, buy, sell?

A second point is, if you buy the right player today, you won't have to look for other players every year to replace him. Clubs like RM understand this very well. That's why almost every purchase they make is a world record. But they don't look for someone to replace CR7 or Modric every year. And they have the best FBs in the world. They're not in the market every year so desperately to replace them.

If we buy the best FBs available at whatever cost this year, we won't have to shop for new ones every year, we might just look for back ups but not be desperate.

We made the same mistake with centre halves and every fookin season we're breaking a new record on a new centre half to replace the one we got one year before. It's always the unproven, questionable ones that we get. With the money we spent on Otamendi + Mangala for a total of £63.84 mil and instead of still looking for a new centre half, we could've spent £65-70 mil on one of Sergio Ramos or Bonucci and we wouldn't be looking for one to replace them now because they're proven. See my logic here?

Logic should be same with FBs and everyone else.

Last edited:
Sorry just getting my moans out, the whole Mendy saga is becoming a tad frustrating.

I understand the players were out of contract but we could have added a few months to the contract of Clichy until we signed Mendy, then released him. Clichy gets a few months wages and city get a better price and Mendy through the door quicker.

Can see us walking away from this and it then costing us further down the line...

Don't think it's as simple as that.

Everybody wants to believe it was only 43. Everybody starts their cvomments with "then why did they only sell bernardo for 43?" well it's because they probably didn't.

But it's obvious City feeds english media 43m (which is the price without bonuses) And monaco feeds french media the full price. They always do this.

Bouhafsi is the most reliable french journalist and there is no reason not to believe him.

So Monaco can be trusted to feed the press the correct information but City, erm, can't. Must be true then if some French hack said so......

Txiki just pay it and be done with it. You're not going to have any bargaining advantage after paying the Walker fee. Could've gotten him cheaper with buying him and Bernardo at the same time.

So you have just contradicted yourself, £43m is the price we paid. Add ons/bonuses are exactly that, they are conditions which have to be met and currently have not been met.

But they are probably incredibly easy to meet. So the argument that they "only sold bernardo for 43" doesn't work because it is practically garunteed that it will be greater than that. Two of the bonuses in the Martial deal were appearance based (united and France NT) and only one of them was unreachable.

If bernardo DOESNT meet the bonuses it probably means he was a flop we even overpaid for 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.