Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even without Sanchez you still have the best attacking unit in the league, by some distance.

First choice, but not squad.

Look back at the Monaco away game and you will see we had pretty much nothing on the bench.

First choice, but not squad.

Look back at the Monaco away game and you will see we had pretty much nothing on the bench.

I dont think there are many teams around Europe who have a similar attacking depth to you, maybe you had an injury crisis but if everyone is fit, the most you can do is play 5 of Aguero, De bruyne, Sane, D.Silva, B. Silva, Sterling and Jesus, so 2 top players will be on the bench, 3 of Sanchez signs. Any one of those 7/8 would start at any other premier league team.
And you can only play 5 by fielding a very attacking team with 1 defensive midfielder, normally youd play four of those 7/8.

I dont think there are many teams around Europe who have a similar attacking depth to you, maybe you had an injury crisis but if everyone is fit, the most you can do is play 5 of Aguero, De bruyne, Sane, D.Silva, B. Silva, Sterling and Jesus, so 2 top players will be on the bench, 3 of Sanchez signs. Any one of those 7/8 would start at any other premier league team.
And you can only play 5 by fielding a very attacking team with 1 defensive midfielder, normally youd play four of those 7/8.

Real Madrid, Champions of Europe, had Bale James and Morata on the bench for the Final ? Surely to be successful on all fronts you need this depth

We have a very good attacking unit but lets not confuse that with goal scoring. At the moment we have two players who are capable of 20goals + per season, Kun and GJ. If one of them are injured or out of sorts we have no bench presence that Pep can depend on for goals. I really think we need that so if not Sanchez, then someone else.

Real Madrid, Champions of Europe, had Bale James and Morata on the bench for the Final ? Surely to be successful on all fronts you need this depth

2 of them have left and one was injured for months, even real cant keep world class players happy if they're not playing.

We have a very good attacking unit but lets not confuse that with goal scoring. At the moment we have two players who are capable of 20goals + per season, Kun and GJ. If one of them are injured or out of sorts we have no bench presence that Pep can depend on for goals. I really think we need that so if not Sanchez, then someone else.

If 2 of them get 20+ and the rest get 10+ thats over 100 goals... I get what you mean in that city go out to outscore the opposition, but someone mentioned Monaco last season, and you scored what, 5 goals against them in the tie? if youre scoring 5 and not getting through, its not the attack thats the problem.

If 2 of them get 20+ and the rest get 10+ thats over 100 goals... I get what you mean in that city go out to outscore the opposition, but someone mentioned Monaco last season, and you scored what, 5 goals against them in the tie? if youre scoring 5 and not getting through, its not the attack thats the problem.
We once had Kun, Tevez, Mario and Dzeko. Now we have a young'un who shows great promise but frankly has had a handful of games + Kun. Thats not enough to achieve the step change to challenge RM, Barca and BM. We need another experienced proven goal scorer who is flexible enough to be versatile and play peps game.

We once had Kun, Tevez, Mario and Dzeko. Now we have a young'un who shows great promise but frankly has had a handful of games + Kun. Thats not enough to achieve the step change to challenge RM, Barca and BM. We need another experienced proven goal scorer who is flexible enough to be versatile and play peps game.
4 strikers in a 2 striker system is sensible depth tho.

In a front 3, having 6 players of Aguero,Jesus,Sane,Sterling,Roberts, B Silva is also sensible depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.