Post Match: City vs United Friendly | ICC

You're right, of course, because they were all Silva sized, right?! Too bad we don't play in Spain a few years ago!

Look at the Real Madrid team that just took on allcomers and spanked them....ALL! Front line of Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema, players like Casemiro and Kroos in the middle of the park. Look at what Mourinho is building. Just sayin'
We are a possession based team, the majority of the teams we play in the league will park the bus be it at home or away

This means we are invariably trying to break down teams with not much room to play in , if you are playing in tight spaces you need very technical players...it doesn't matter the size of these players

United are a sit back and counter team, they play on the break with strong running athletes...ie its a completely different game to the one we are playing

Thing is , we can also play on the break too as our small technical players have an abundance of pace AND technical ability....that is a frightening combination for the opposition

Its pre-season, its our first game....start to worry if we cant beat Brighton and Everton

Thought we did OK in the first half, just had four minutes of madness which cost us the game. It was always going to be difficult so early in our pre-season relative to theirs, but thought a weakened City team pretty much matched their strongest XI. The second half was a bit of a non-event with all the changes.

Foden, Walker and Ederson (despite a costly mistake) were the main positives. Nasri looked fairly sharp too.

I just don't get City's senior management.
Why do they arrange our first friendly with them, knowing full well they will be had 2 friendlies before hand and a week before that in training for non-internationals?
Our senior execs will only be City when they realise that losing to them is a big no no.

I'm not sure how much say our management had in arranging the schedule of this tournament.
It's getting bigger each year and unfortunately I reckon we will be in it each year also to grow the global fan base, raise profile and get lots and lots of money.

I hate playing these cnuts in friendlies, yes it was a friendly, yes it shouldn't matter but i hate losing to them anytime.

Results and to a lesser degree performances are irrelevant in pre season.

Fitness, bedding in of New players, and players becoming fully aware of their roles and responsibilities is all that matters.

The manager learns much from this period, who he can trust, who he can disregard.

Would love foden to do enough to make the squad.

Foden, Kompany, Nasri, Walker (Ederson) all looking sharp straight away, really impressive seeing one of our Full backs out pace, out strength, full on dominate the winger to make him move to the complete opposite side of the pitch, all be it where he went on to actually go score :D..

For me shows us what we have missed in the full back area for a few seasons. If that game was anything to go off for Walker then its looking good.

Nasri too, really good, basically what you expect from him, good on the ball and produced the pass of the game for Jesus too, Not sure he is staying however?

Foden did great, Pep liked what he saw.

Kinda wanted more from - Roberts, Fernan (LB) he is clearly not suited for there :D - was only the first game so be interesting to see how it comes together..

ALSO, Mangala LB don't think we need to sign anyone else...Carlos Esq performance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.