Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happens next season I think he will be playing men's football in the next 6 or so months somewhere.

He looked far too good for academy football going off last nights showing in my opinion.

If ever there was a case of justifying our academy it could be this guy, get him into the first team squad and get him on the bench as often as possible, he could come on in games where we have a comfortable lead and gain valuable experience. As he grows in the team then let him have some starts as well.

I was mightily impressed with how he just took it in his stride and played his usual game as if he was playing with kids his own age, Plus he was Always making himself available for his team mates to pass to more so than some of our seasoned players. Genuinely brought a smile to my face seeing him turn Herrera with such ease and ping off that shot. We have a genuine talent that looks like he wasn't phased by being in that game at all and I hope Pep keeps him around the first team for his sake and the clubs. Forget loaning him out and try and work with him in the squad. Also, him hearing Peps comments must have made him feel top of the world this morning and good on him.

If ever there was a case of justifying our academy it could be this guy, get him into the first team squad and get him on the bench as often as possible, he could come on in games where we have a comfortable lead and gain valuable experience. As he grows in the team then let him have some starts as well.

One or two media outlets, even Sky, jumping on this already. Great publicity for the academy.

Old head on young shoulders he glides across the field and plays with his head up keeps it simple but he's super effective really pleased for him and the city academy.

If the FA were serious about getting teams to bring through players then they'd add a couple of extra bench spots for club grown players under 21. Then you could comfortable have people like Foden on the bench in case the game situation allows them to get a chance, without it being a gamble.

Most encouraging six minutes I have spent on YouTube in quite some time.

I honestly think he has Iniesta-esque skill, vision, calmness under pressure and, most importantly, potential.

Last edited:
It's so exciting having such a talented local lad who has supported the team his whole life. I've watched him a few times and he always stood out for me and I'm so glad that he took his chance and showed everyone what he can do. I really think Pep is gonna keep him around this season, he really rates him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.