Centre back options

I guess it's not implausible that we could go into next season with Kompany, Otamendi, Stones and Adarabioyo as our four centre halves. It'd certainly be a gamble though, given Kompany's injury record.
So we would be weaker at CB than we were last season. I would not be happy with that and I hope Pep isn't either.

Could force our hand for Lucas Hernandez? Looked like a next summer move but if we meet his €50m release clause and offer him and extra £5k a week to join now instead of next summer?

I guess it's not implausible that we could go into next season with Kompany, Otamendi, Stones and Adarabioyo as our four centre halves. It'd certainly be a gamble though, given Kompany's injury record.
I think Mendy can play left centre half too, sure I've seen that mentioned.

Kompanys injury record means we simply can't risk going into the season with just Kompany Stones Otamendi and Tosin. If Kompany gets injured or even just needs resting we're looking seriously weak there. Stones still has a lot to improve on, Otamendi is a liability and Tosin looks good and could have a future but isn't ready to that big of a role yet. One injury to Kompany or either of the other two and Tosin probably plays 20+ games next season. Too big of an ask and needs addressing.

So we would be weaker at CB than we were last season. I would not be happy with that and I hope Pep isn't either.

Tosin & Stones are only going to improve, Otamendi might have turned a corner and Kompany's issues could be in the rear view.

It wouldn't be my first choice to go in with just those 4, but we don't know what the situaiton is.

This time last year we were all talking about how Pep was never going to play Kolarov at CB so why was he doing it in preseason. Maybe Fernandinho's gonna play there or Tosin has been so good in training he's decided he can take Kolarov's role or something.

Kola did only play in 3 or 4 of our last 15 games.

Could force our hand for Lucas Hernandez? Looked like a next summer move but if we meet his €50m release clause and offer him and extra £5k a week to join now instead of next summer?

The problem being, Atleti can't register any replacement until Jan 2018.

Perhaps we go with Tosin until the January window, then bring Lucas in?????

The problem being, Atleti can't register any replacement until Jan 2018.

Perhaps we go with Tosin until the January window, then bring Lucas in?????
They do have Godin, Gimenez and Savic already though, plus some other guy called Emiliano Velazquez who's apparently a central defender.

They do have Godin, Gimenez and Savic already though, plus some other guy called Emiliano Velazquez who's apparently a central defender.

Let's get it done then.

We are crying out for defenders, Pep pretty much said it himself.

Options of Tosin, Stones, Otamendi and Kompany worries me massively (if it happens), Stones has a ridiculous amount of improving to do, Kompany can break down at any moment, Otamendi is improved but still rash, and Tosin like Stones has to improve.

It'd be incredibly weak and poor from us to go into the season with those four.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.