Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clercqs

Very nice debut from him. Feels excellent to have the best RB in the league again.

There was a moment in the first half when the Rags had a breakaway and Rashford got played into space down the left. In previous years that would have caused us a major problem, but Walker sprinted back, got goalside, didn't dive in or get too tight and left Rashford nowhere to go but pass it back to halfway. It's the kind of defending that stats don't account for but it was quietly excellent.

What an asset this lad is going to be. Seeing him put the afterburners on against Rashford was top. He's also a much better football technically than I realised. Can't wait to see him with more games under his belt.

Made a few of those 50/50 interceptions that Clichy used to make, though when Gael went for them you were always a little bit hesitant about whether he'd get there in time. Walker seems to be able to get there alright and with time to spare, which then means he can get the counter attack going much faster.

Not sure what he'll offer in the final third, say in comparison to Zabaleta, but we should have enough attacking players ahead of him to mean the onus isn't on him to do that as often.

There was a moment in the first half when the Rags had a breakaway and Rashford got played into space down the left. In previous years that would have caused us a major problem, but Walker sprinted back, got goalside, didn't dive in or get too tight and left Rashford nowhere to go but pass it back to halfway. It's the kind of defending that stats don't account for but it was quietly excellent.
This is why @SWP's back and I have been quietly buzzing in the transfer section. All of the posts complaining about this signing were very, very, weird.

I didn't think he could play the inverted fullback role but going off that last night he came into midfield at times and was calm under pressure and distributed through the lines with great quality I thought.

He shown what we've been missing at full back for the last few years last night. Great attacking outlet but uses his recovery speed to catch, intercept and interrupt the winger. There were a couple of incidents where their attacker would have been clean through if we were playing with last years full backs. Had Rashford pocketed so much so that he had to go and play on Fernandinho, which also highlighted the need for another Walker (Mendy) on the left hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.