Brighton away ticket details

I know people that got them this morning, definitely didn't sell out last night was obviously only a handful left and more people trying to buy at 9am.

Feel for those that have just missed out, The criteria bar has been raised further than was possible to keep up with last season yet again, which can only suggest they're siphoning off even more tickets for supporters clubs/corporate/tunnel club etc.

They announced less than 3000 tickets were on sale, even assuming all those went on sale which i doubt is the case, their away end supposedly holds around 3400. What's happened to the other 400? Could just be that that figure isn't accurate when factoring segregation etc or they may have changed it to fit more home fans in but i wouldn't be surprised if that was what wasn't being released for conventional sale. We need some transparency on this. it's bullshit when people that would have got a ticket the previous season, have gone to every game possible are missing out and people without even half the loyalty points are getting tickets through supporters clubs or other means. And before somebody suggests it, i have a ticket myself, just not one of these "i'm not bothered as long as i'm sorted" types.

City should provide some sort "freedom of information" on away tickets and break down how many were sold to fans within the points criteria, supporters club (which clubs and how many - was any more requested or returned?), corporates/sponsors, tunnel club/superia, friends and family of the players, etc etc.

Also the exact number allocation of tickets that city are delegated from the away club. This is always disputed on here with misplaced facts and old data.

Last edited:
Away end allocation is around 3000 or 10% of ground capacity which may be just under 30000 for the Premier League so 2967 sounds about right. This allocation can be expanded to 4450 for 15% Cup games. Newcastle had 2604 fans last season with some areas allocated for segregation/extra stewards. So it will be the largest away support for a League game at the Amex and the second largest away support ever. E1F is allocated for away fans. Have fans got tickets in this section behind the goal?

Tip: allow more than an hour from Brighton station to the stadium because of queues for a 6 minute journey. Trains are free.

Home fans pay £50 for a ticket so away supporters get a £20 discount.

Trains free you say mate, how come?

Trains free you say mate, how come?

The Club have a scheme whereby travel to the stadium by public transport within a geographical zone is free as it is included within the price of your match ticket. Valid on both buses and trains, just simply show your match ticket or booking form (if collecting your tickets from the Stadium ticket office). The zone extends as far north as Haywards Heath station and east to Lewes. So fans travelling from London for instance only need a train ticket to Haywards Heath.
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/...adium-brighton-and-hove-albion.html#aby-train

PS: it is S1F allocated for away fans. (correction)

The Club have a scheme whereby travel to the stadium by public transport within a geographical zone is free as it is included within the price of your match ticket. Valid on both buses and trains, just simply show your match ticket or booking form (if collecting your tickets from the Stadium ticket office). The zone extends as far north as Haywards Heath station and east to Lewes. So fans travelling from London for instance only need a train ticket to Haywards Heath.
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/...adium-brighton-and-hove-albion.html#aby-train

Nice one thanks, saves me jibbin it I mean a few quid.

We didn't get F, or at least they weren't available to mere mortals like me.
We could choose from C, D and E

We didn't get F, or at least they weren't available to mere mortals like me.
We could choose from C, D and E

S1B (400+) and S1F (600+) not available to home supporters and can be allocated to away supporters.

These two areas are not always given to away clubs straight away (in the Championship) because they sometimes ordered more tickets than they could sell. However if 2967 or so tickets have been ordered it looks like these seats will be available to away fans.

the-amex-stadium.jpg

Plan: http://footballtripper.com/amex-stadium-brighton-hove-albion/

Last edited:
As a resident of Brighton, can you shed any light on City friendly pubs?. I know most of the pubs down there but not visited the place as an away fan, we will all be wearing our colours.

Cheers
There will be 3 pubs near the station best avoided not because of any real trouble but rammed with Brighton fans and pretty average beer , they will be obvious when you come out of the station , a short walk from the station is surrey street with a nice selection of ales is the Evening Star home and away fans mix on a regular basis no trouble at all , there are a good number of nice pubs as you come out of the station and walk down the hill under the tunnel , the trains are rammed to the ground at falmer a good hour before kick off so be aware of that , also if you are coming by train only buy a ticket as far south as haywards heath as travel is subsidised to brighton if you have a matchday ticket , after the game the trains are rammed again and the queues are long , the Northstand bars stay open after the game it's better having a beer there than standing in a queue for a hour , fans mix ok can't think of any trouble post match on the concourses .

S1B (400+) and S1F (600+) not available to home supporters and can be allocated to away supporters.

These two areas are not always given to away clubs straight away (in the Championship) because they sometimes ordered more tickets than they could sell. However if 2967 or so tickets have been ordered it looks like these seats will be available to away fans.

the-amex-stadium.jpg

Plan: http://footballtripper.com/amex-stadium-brighton-hove-albion/
I had a look at this planner before going online and ordering my tickets from City.
I could get them on the first day of sales and the only availability shown for me was C, D and E.
But you never know with City what and where they've been given these days and the best seats are usually siphoned off before the 'normal' fans get them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.