Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bit gutting losing out on Sanchez, however I still believe Pep will have something up his sleeve.

Plenty of good young players available, Foden for a start.

Not doubting his ability or how he would benefit us.. But it'd be a short term fix, say 2-3 years. It's just not a transfer that's ever got me excited in all honesty, not sure why but it hasn't. If we got him great, if not 'meh'.
For me we need to be looking at younger talent, players who are the next big thing. Think Luiz, Jesus, Sané etc these are the types we should be headhunting (those we have obviously but as an example). So I'm just not convinced we're as all over Sanchez as has been made out.
I've said it a few times but I'm convinced we're all out for Mbappé & Sanchez is a bonus if it happens. I'm also starting to think the openness of the Sanchez move & knowing PSG are likely to target our targets, is a very shroud move by City! Get PSG going all out on our 'main target' while really we deal with Monaco for the younger (19year old) up & coming superstar who will be around for 5+ years in a City shirt. It also keeps Arsenal busy trying to keep the player, both these things give us a clear run at other targets.
Some see flapping & lack of movement but I'm starting to see some very clever smoke & mirrors... Just hope I'm right.

Not if the reports are true.

It has been claimed that Monaco have slapped a hefty €190m asking price on Mbappe..... Wow

Sanchez's agent is a pain the arse and it's absolutely true that Paris want him both him and Neymar. What happens next is anyone's guess. I don't think anyone expected PSG to be this aggressive. City will have to decide how they want to play this next because we could find ourselves in a situation where for all the assurances Pep has been given by the player, the finances just become unworkable because of what PSG are offering.

Not done by any stretch of the imagination but I'm beginning to feel a bit anxious.

What I think is forgotten by a lot of people on here is that PSG's interest represents a huge problem for us. If they can get agreement with Sanchez as with have allegedly done then they'll get him as Arsenal will sell to them without any issue.

The only way we get Sanchez is by being the only team at the table and Arsenal getting twitchy over a £50m set for a Bosman next summer.

Signing Sanchez will not garentee us winning the champions league!, obviously will give us a better chance for sure but u can't say signing him will win us the European cup. For me winning the premier league should be our priority and I don't think we need him that much for that nor in Europe. 50 million for him on his last year at his age is to much, doubt we would get that for Sergio even now.

Do yourself a favour and stop smokin that shit- Luckyarku goes for £90m, you dont think Kun is worth £50m

It is a bit gutting losing out on Sanchez, however I still believe Pep will have something up his sleeve.

Plenty of good young players available, Foden for a start.

First time I've really watched Foden play & he impressed me, we have to get his orogress right though & he has to be patient. There is no doubt though his chance will come. Patrick had a good game too & he's another now that needs to be nurtured correctly, the club have already messed him about once we can't do it again. Agree though, the future is these type of players.

What I think is forgotten by a lot of people on here is that PSG's interest represents a huge problem for us. If they can get agreement with Sanchez as with have allegedly done then they'll get him as Arsenal will sell to them without any issue.

The only way we get Sanchez is by being the only team at the table and Arsenal getting twitchy over a £50m set for a Bosman next summer.
Or Sanchez stating he will only move to us

Not if the reports are true.

It has been claimed that Monaco have slapped a hefty €190m asking price on Mbappe..... Wow

Maybe true... But is that to put others off while we negotiate? You also have to remember yesterday the media reported Monaco had reported City when in reality they'd reported nobody & City were not mentioned! The media are guessing as much as the rest of us.
Look, I could be way off the mark but I've a sneaky feeling City are playing a blinder & drawing PSG's attention elsewhere why we do some sort of surprise deal. They'll not allow PSG to gazzump us twice in the same window.

If Sanchez is willing to go elsewhere for the money, then surely it's fucking obvious that's where he's going ?

We are not going to break our pay structure for him.

Arsenal would sell him to anyone rather than City.

This has always been down to Sanchez, insisting he comes to City. If that isn't the case, there is nothing in this & City have probably already moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.