Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your point, that how they've managed to end up making a profit of a poor signing is pretty annoying when you see us struggle - but if we're to believe what was being said both Conte & Pep at Chelsea & City wanted him, two of the richest clubs in the world being after a player will immediately make him go for decent value.

On top of that if he does end up being able to fulfill multiple roles, as say Fabinho was expected to do, would you not think £25-30m* for a 26 year old back up RB + LB + DM is actually reasonable in the current market being quoted at top PL teams?

*I'm back to that range, because as predicted the quoted prices have changed again, shock!
Lol at "the range" discussion. Anyway, I'm just being a sour puss, coz o think we've overpaid on every transfer this year bar Bernado.

In the end I'm going to have to support hard and pray they all pan out. History siggests that's unlikely though. !'m pretty confident about Walker and Bernado succeeding.

Somewhat confident Ederson will succeed. Not as confident in Danilo. Even though I think he's be okay. He will play the role of the Brazilian dude who used to cover both Alves and Alba at Barca. And he'll be just fine but nothing special. Mendy I am most worried about. Think he is the biggest risk of them all.

Hope I'm wrong and they all go gangbusters.

And if we don't pay it then Chelsea will.

How much is James loan fee? What wages is he on? How much will that deal actually cost Bayern?
If they don't keep him, 5 million for a 2 year rental. Its quite possible that's how long Danilo will be here if Our youth RB is as good as @FantasyIreland swears he is. :p

Guardiola believes an attacker is a priority signing like the full backs. Even more so now Kelechi, Nolito, Navas are gone/on their way. That leaves 4 players for 3 positions unless you count Roberts, which Pep doesn't.
So why are you think we dont push for ? We could be after this transfer window without new attacker and CB ..

I understand your point, that how they've managed to end up making a profit of a poor signing is pretty annoying when you see us struggle - but if we're to believe what was being said both Conte & Pep at Chelsea & City wanted him, two of the richest clubs in the world being after a player will immediately make him go for decent value.

On top of that if he does end up being able to fulfill multiple roles, as say Fabinho was expected to do, would you not think £25-30m* for a 26 year old back up RB + LB + DM is actually reasonable in the current market being quoted at top PL teams?

*I'm back to that range, because as predicted the quoted prices have changed again, shock!

It's much easier to offload flops who are not on huge wages and were not really the flop level of mangala magnitude for ex. Perez is doing good job at madrid, only few of their best players are on the big wages, the rest are not and it's much easier to move them when you don't need them.

Dax, are you simply saying because they dont want him, no one else should?
I'm saying, I see what other players they didn't want went for, and also what starters Danilo's position who are going to go be starters on bigger teams went for at his position. On both accounts his price is excessive. :p

Barring City purchases (Walker and potentially Mendy) he is the most expensive fullback moving clubs.

Lets be real here, we are potentially about to have 3 of the top 5 most expensive fullback transfers in the football history in one window. There is something about that that simply doesn't sit right.

And you best not bring up the "B" word on this. :p

Lol at "the range" discussion. Anyway, I'm just being a sour puss, coz o think we've overpaid on every transfer this year bar Bernado.

In the end I'm going to have to support hard and pray they all pan out. History siggests that's unlikely though. !'m pretty confident about Walker and Bernado succeeding.

Somewhat confident Ederson will succeed. Not as confident in Danilo. Even though I think he's be okay. He will play the role of the Brazilian dude who used to cover both Alves and Alba at Barca. And he'll be just fine but nothing special. Mendy I am most worried about. Think he is the biggest risk of them all.

Hope I'm wrong and they all go gangbusters.
I agree that the fees we're having to pay are silly. But it's not just us having to do that, I think if you look at United, Arsenal, Chelsea & even Liverpool then you see that the "big" PL teams are getting the piss taken when trying to purchase players - hence why business is being slow & managers are moaning.

Walker up to £50m, Lukaku up to £90m, Lacazette £53m, Morata up to £70m, Bakayoko £40m, L'pool having ?£65m bids rejected for Keita... Everyone around us are having the same issues, it's not just us, but none are willing to refuse to pay up because the fear of being left behind.

Think given the prices of other players being quoted to us this would be one of the more monetary astute deals we could hope for at this point.

We're in agreement with regards to how the players we've signed will do, I'm an advocate of Bertrand over Mendy, but willing to give him a chance of course. As for Danilo I think he could end up being a pretty good purchase if he settles.

I'm saying, I see what other players they didn't want went for, and also what starters Danilo's position who are going to go be starters on bigger teams went for at his position. On both accounts his price is excessive. :p

Barring City purchases (Walker and potentially Mendy) he is the most expensive fullback moving clubs.

Lets be real here, we ate potentially about 3 of the top 5 most expensive fullback transfers in the football history in one window. There is something about that that simply doesn't sit right.

And you best not bring up the "B" word on this. :p
I think totally different to you on these matters. Because we pay a certain amount for a player you do not consider that good value because a similar player went cheaper. The player we get could be the missing piece of the jigsaw and we are more than content at the price we pay (irrespective of norms) and in my book, if that player does pan out, then that is a bargain.

Rooney's fee to Rags was excessive, I doubt anyone has problems with it on dark side and generally. Ferdinand's too. Ronaldo's. Fee doesn't matter if player you buy is a real deal for you for years.

I couldn't have give a shit about those 6 mil. to Hazard's agent if we got him back then though it was huge back then.

Very much a Guardiola signing, apparently. Hadn't been scouted extensively by us in the way our targets usually are, but Pep requested him personally after the Alves deal fell through.

Was Alves scouted extensively Ric or was that a Pep request ?

Guardiola believes an attacker is a priority signing like the full backs. Even more so now Kelechi, Nolito, Navas are gone/on their way. That leaves 4 players for 3 positions unless you count Roberts, which Pep doesn't.

Can´t blame him for wanting an attacker who can shoot accurately because his style of play created many chances season long yet the inability of those who shot at goal to hit that target was chronically obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.