Who is of an age where, 'real chips' were just, chips?

And ordering a cup of coffee was so much simpler.

"Can I have a coffee please?"

"Would you like a (Quotes loads of fancy names)"

Walks away confused and coffee-less.
Had that just yesterday. On the menu there's Cappuccino, Froccachino, Fuckachino etc. and Fresh Coffee. I ask for a tall (i.e. small?) Fresh Coffee.

"What kind of coffee" she asks, and starts to reel off the menu.

"I'm confused" I reply. "Do you not sell Fresh Coffee?"

"Oh you mean Ground Coffee"

Had that just yesterday. On the menu there's Cappuccino, Froccachino, Fuckachino etc. and Fresh Coffee. I ask for a tall (i.e. small?) Fresh Coffee.

"What kind of coffee" she asks, and starts to reel off the menu.

"I'm confused" I reply. "Do you not sell Fresh Coffee?"

"Oh you mean Ground Coffee"
The thought of going into Starbuck's or Costa and asking for a simple, old fashioned regualr coffee fills me with dread. Do they even do such a thing? And paying a laughable price for it as well.

The thought of going into Starbuck's or Costa and asking for a simple, old fashioned regualr coffee fills me with dread. Do they even do such a thing? And paying a laughable price for it as well.
Fresh Coffee was 99p which probably explains why she tried to sell me something at three times the price.

It was very good, too.

"Can I have a name for the cup?"

"It's already called 'a cup'."

"No, I mean so we can call you when it's ready."

"I'm the only person waiting."

"It's our policy, just so that we can get to know our customers better."

Never been back.

Just a load of shite I take it is to do with french fries v steak cut chips, they are chip and french fries are french fries both are real ffs.

Though you can always confuse people in mcdonalds and ask for allumettes instead

Real Mancunians drink tea. And eat chip barms...

And ordering a cup of coffee was so much simpler.

"Can I have a coffee please?"

"Would you like a (Quotes loads of fancy names)"

Walks away confused and coffee-less.

Haha...Me in a coffee shop. Wifey has to explain the menu to me and then breakdown all the ingredients as the coffee maker....sorry 'BARISTA' as they are more commonly known looks on in pretentious disgust. On second thoughts luv, I'll have a tea. Twats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.