Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tolmie's hairdoo

You mentioned us and Real fighting over Mbappé if Sanchez signs for PSG, but what about Dembelé? What's going on there and would we go all out for him if we miss out on the other two? Do we know if the dinner with his representatives rumour is true?

It's probably also good to remember that we thought we had Sanchez in the bag when he was at Udinese, until Barca came in late.

Garry Cook wasted little time slamming the money down for a guy, can't remember his name, but it worked out rather well?

Everyone has money now, so it's a little more difficult, but moving on the likes of Mbappe and Dembele would not be the worst moves in the world.

The problem is that now we're competing with Real for Mbappe and they have £100m to spend and a need for a high profile signing. Dembele will have Barca chasing him unless they get Coutinho.

Ideal scenario is Barca get Coutinho and spend the rest of the Neymar money on Verratti leaving less competition for Dembele.

So let's assume sanchez to PSG is done, what's next for us? Are we absolutely set on bringing in another attacking option or is it "Sanchez or nobody" for us?

Why do you think we keep falling short of securing a marquee player. You seem to be backtracking on Sanchez, as sure as Federer I seem to recall?

Maybe we all are overselling the pull of Pep, looks like we're about to miss out on two players who have previously played under his guidance.

We can only derive confidence from the people who have direct access to these players.

You could tell me that you want lasagne for dinner tonight, looked forward to it all week, yet the missus has brought you home a curry with Scarlet Johansson for dessert.

You still wanting that lasagne?

Why do you think we keep falling short of securing a marquee player. You seem to be backtracking on Sanchez, as sure as Federer I seem to recall?

Maybe we all are overselling the pull of Pep, looks like we're about to miss out on two players who have previously played under his guidance.

Imo the reason is that there's a very small number of them and more competition now than when we signed Aguero or Tevez.

FFP, the Premier League TV deal and the arrival of PSG on the scene mean we're no longer the outstanding choice financially. We're competitive but that's all.

I see a lot people bringing up the pull of Pep like it's going to be the a decisive factor: it's not. Money is the decisive factor. Look at what Alves said about Pep, look at what decided him.

Compare attacking squads just now.

City - Aguero, Jesus, B. Silva, Sane, Sterling, De Bruyne, D. Silva, Nacho

Chelsea - Morata, Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Fabregas, Batshuyai (I'm assuming Costa will be sold)

Arsenal - Lacazette, Giroud, Welbeck, Walcott, Ozil, Iwobi, Sanchez (replaced by Lemar maybe)?

Utd - Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Lingard, Perisic?

Spurs - Kane, Janssen, Ali, Eriksen, Son, Lamela

Are City really behind the others in terms of goalscorers. I'd argue that Spurs have the least amount of options, yet did they not finish top scorers last season.

As others have pointed out, sorting the defence out with good full backs, will go a long way to addressing the balance issue, which affects defending and attacking,and should provide better numbers in each.

Could turn out to be quite a shitty year for pep, no trophies, you found out that the entire country, including the referees, don't want your new team to succeed and players you've had great relationships with in the past aren't who you thought they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.