Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tolmie's hairdoo

You mentioned us and Real fighting over Mbappé if Sanchez signs for PSG, but what about Dembelé? What's going on there and would we go all out for him if we miss out on the other two? Do we know if the dinner with his representatives rumour is true?
Don't forget Barca just collected £200m for passing go. Dembele would be harder I feel!

Difficult for us to go big on a player this summer, due to the fullback situation. Next summer will be a different story as we won't have as many positions requiring an upgrade.

You mention "goalscorers". Sterling, Sane, Silva and De Bruyne don't contribute enough goals. Pep has consistently said that we don't take enough of our chances. So I'd argue that yes, we are behind in terms of goalscorers.

Apologies, I forgot to add in Liverpool for comparison sake. I would expect Sane to improve that aspect year on year if he is given proper game time, Jesus will get a lot I imagine this year, Aguero is probably the best goalscorer in the league. You had 6 less goals than the top scorers Spurs last season, I would suggest you could easily make that up with just having Jesus play a full season. Not to mention the difference having proper attacking full backs will have, which perhaps allow the likes of Sane to drift in more to get in more goalscoring positions.

I've not looked at the numbers but surely the likes of De Bruyne matches the peers of his position goalscoring wise?

Difficult for us to go big on a player this summer, due to the fullback situation. Next summer will be a different story as we won't have as many positions requiring an upgrade.

We say that every year.....

Midfield will need a huge overhaul next year with both Yaya and ferna (potentially) needing replacing.

Those truly big names are confined to five players, of which, Sanchez certainly isn't one.

Sorry but if we can't get Sanchez (twice), Hazard etc over the line how do we secure a worldly? Hopefully the business we've done on potential, Sane, Jesus the academy etc bears fruit. I'm sure we have a strong strategy for player recruitment but from the outside I'm fucked if I can work out what it is.

Midfield will need a huge overhaul next year with both Yaya and ferna (potentially) needing replacing.
We will end up strengthening 7 or 8 positions this summer, next summer it will be central midfield, central defender, striker - 3 or 4 max.

Plus you highlight the "next summer" bit however as has been said on other threads, we will prob spend in and around the £300mil figure this summer, hardly a shit one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.