Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's irritating if only because dealing with someone as consumed with bitterness as Wenger always had the potential to end up going nowhere

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't blame Wenger here.
If we'd had signed both Mpabbe and Sanchez, fans would have still whipped up a storm if we sold Aguero to Chelsea.
You just don't sell to a rival, unless there really is no other alternatives.

People need to calm down on this "signing a world class player" issue we apparently have. Tottenham have shown that there is value out there if you act wisely. We have bought a lot of young players that can become world class. Sanchez is not going to give us many years service.

Mbappe could be world class but could equally flop. Pogba is inconsistent. Bale hasn't justified his fee. It's only really Ronaldo that was worth the purchase. Messi came through at Barca. The true world class players are few and far between. We are better forming a world class team by getting good options in every position.

We will score more with better full backs and concede fewer with better defenders. My concern remains our central midfield particularly a DM which we desperately need. Fernandinho has lost it for me already from where he was a couple years ago.

Sanchez would be a good signing of course but problems still exist elsewhere with our squad.

agree with a lot of that

This notion that we have "missed out" on our top targets(Alves,Sanchez(maybe)) is all guess work.

How many people predicted B Silva being a "top target" ? He was delivered without fuss and is potentially a game changer all by himself.

Relax,enjoy and wait.

If the motive for moving is CL glory and not money and the choice is between City under Pep and PSG with potentially Nemar added. Wenger will sell to PSG but not City. If the player refuses to move to PSG he ends up in an Arsenal team he doesnt want to be in. The easy option is PSG IMO, 1) Wenger will sell, 2) The player has as much chance winning CL with PSG as City 3) Wages are good 4) Devote most of his energy to winning CL as opposed to league games which he should be able to canter in 2nd gear. really is a no brainer.

Have I missed something this morning?

Is Tolmie now saying Sanchez is a no go?

he is backtracking/making some negative noises/hinting at it....depending upon which way you look at it......PSG are definitely in for him and TH has said something along the lines that He may go there if he chooses the easy route

If the motive for moving is CL glory and not money and the choice is between City under Pep and PSG with potentially Nemar added. Wenger will sell to PSG but not City. If the player refuses to move to PSG he ends up in an Arsenal team he doesnt want to be in. The easy option is PSG IMO, 1) Wenger will sell, 2) The player has as much chance winning CL with PSG as City 3) Wages are good 4) Devote most of his energy to winning CL as opposed to league games which he should be able to canter in 2nd gear. really is a no brainer.
Living in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.