Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker, Mendy and Danilo, three quality signings!

The media was so happy and relieved that we missed out on Dani fucking Alves, they couldn't wait to wank over it..so pathetic.

I'm hoping for more good news in the upcoming weeks, and damn feels good to be a blue right now. :)

Ok, are people guessing he's signed? There's fuck all on the BBC about it, so it can't have happened.
Yep. There's been no official confirmation about him having signed, just lots of rumours on that bastion of reliability known as Twitter. When I see it on the club's official site, then I'll believe it.

If we're allowed the tangent here, I'm one of those people who concern themselves with fees. Doesn't have anything to do with any personal embarrassment I might feel about what we paid. Just concerned with the business side of things.

There is a finite amount of money to spend, even if it's a shitload of money. The larger one slice of the pie is, the smaller the other slices are going to be. It's also a business built on reputation, and that seems to compound itself. The more you get ripped off, the more likely you are to get ripped off in the future. So I get concerned (not to be confused with worried, just interested) with inflated fees when we pay them. But it's only because I think the club will be more successful in the future, with better players to show for it, the less we overpay.

All of this irrespective of Mendy. Looking forward to having a couple proper fullbacks next season in a big way.

As long as the club isn't in financial difficulty and we're operating within the constraints of FFP then I couldn't give a fuck.

Walker, Mendy and Danilo, three quality signings!

The media was so happy and relieved that we missed out on Dani fucking Alves, they couldn't wait to wank over it..so pathetic.

I'm hoping for more good news in the upcoming weeks, and damn feels good to be a blue right now. :)
Mendy and Danilo have signed then?

If we're allowed the tangent here, I'm one of those people who concern themselves with fees. Doesn't have anything to do with any personal embarrassment I might feel about what we paid. Just concerned with the business side of things.

There is a finite amount of money to spend, even if it's a shitload of money. The larger one slice of the pie is, the smaller the other slices are going to be. It's also a business built on reputation, and that seems to compound itself. The more you get ripped off, the more likely you are to get ripped off in the future. So I get concerned (not to be confused with worried, just interested) with inflated fees when we pay them. But it's only because I think the club will be more successful in the future, with better players to show for it, the less we overpay.

All of this irrespective of Mendy. Looking forward to having a couple proper fullbacks next season in a big way.
I really couldn't care less how much we pay for players. We're in a position where we're owned by some one who's rich enough to allow us to compete for the top players when they become available and we have executives who know what they're doing. From my point of view I'd be happy to see us use our financial muscle even more than we have to secure the services of Sanchez and VVD. A back four of Walker Kompany VVD and Mendy with a front three of Sanchez Aguero and Jesus, with the likes of De Bruyne the Silvas Gundogan Sane and Sterling amongst others available to a manager like Pep is a fucking immense prospect, and if it costs a few extra million quid to make it happen why should I care?

I really couldn't care less how much we pay for players. We're in a position where we're owned by some one who's rich enough to allow us to compete for the top players when they become available and we have executives who know what they're doing. From my point of view I'd be happy to see us use our financial muscle even more than we have to secure the services of Sanchez and VVD. A back four of Walker Kompany VVD and Mendy with a front three of Sanchez Aguero and Jesus, with the likes of De Bruyne the Silvas Gundogan Sane and Sterling amongst others available to a manager like Pep is a fucking immense prospect, and if it costs a few extra million quid to make it happen why should I care?

That team is exciting in the extreme.

If that happens, how can anybody be moaning about our summer transfer window.

Madness.

I can't wait for the 1st game.

I don't under your post either, if it makes you feel better. Where did you get the impression I was against the Mendy transfer? People stopped talking about Mendy for three pages, and instead talked about not understanding why people care about transfer fees at all. I was bored so I jumped in, and explained why I cared about transfer fees. Nothing to do with Mendy. Even tried to lead with the fact that it was a tangent and end with the fact that I'm happy we're getting Mendy. Just jumping into the abstract conversation: "I don't know why people care what price player X is," with me explaining why I'm interested in the prices we pay for players.

And as I said I am not sure why we were the fans should care what we pay as long as the highly paid world class executives are prepared to pay the fees we the fans should not. You did not say you were interested in what we paid you said you were concerned. Why are you concerned leave it to the people who run our club the club is no longer owned by Peter Swales

If blue moon had a 'like' button, I'd press it, register a second account, come back to this post and press it again.

Yep, agreed, on all counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.