Celtic close safe standing section - short term

The Linfield game is only the more recent of examples; similar problems arose at the last game of the season, a dead rubber, when the emergency services had to be summoned and warnings were issued.

Yeah I know, happened againsts hearts another sectarian affected game so the same applies, as I said as long as some clubs in scotland allow this backwards religious fuckwittery that belongs in centuries past to be allowed on their terraces then they are to blame, not safe standing.

Zero tollerance should be applied to all club fans getting involved in this bolloclks from wharever team not just the Glasgow ones.

Yeah I know, happened againsts hearts another sectarian affected game so the same applies, as I said as long as some clubs in scotland allow this backwards religious fuckwittery that belongs in centuries past to be allowed on their terraces then they are to blame, not safe standing.

Zero tollerance should be applied to all club fans getting involved in this bolloclks from wharever team not just the Glasgow ones.

By whom?
Agree with you wholeheartedly, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

By whom?
Agree with you wholeheartedly, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

By the clubs themselves, I just find shutting down a section is unfair on fans in there not involved and the easy way out for celtics board than dealing with the tossers doing it.

Largely a question of degree mate.

There seem to be many more knuckle dragging,sectarian,terrorist supporting 1980 style dogs up there.

Green Brigade are moronic,glassing young kids ffs !!
I know. To be honest I posted without thinking........I totally forgot about the hysterical sectarian fuckwits up there. We'd have some morons, but I don't think we have the level of eedjit they have.

I hope that if the PL get round to sanctioning safe standing in England that fans of PL teams engage their brains better than the liver and grey matter addled Celtic fans. After campaigning for so long to get safe standing the numpties strike again and behave like 10 year olds on Export to the point where the club temporarily close the section. Its a shame that this should happen just as the various parties in England were warming to the idea of safe standing.

its nothing to do with standing though. the green brigade did this kind of stuff when they were in seated areas. i dont see the point in trying to associate the idiotic actions of a fan group with a standing section. they'd have done it in a seated section. i can't imagine it being a good argument and say look we can't have a standing section because of a group of sectarian fans at celtic.

Last edited:
I know. To be honest I posted without thinking........I totally forgot about the hysterical sectarian fuckwits up there. We'd have some morons, but I don't think we have the level of eedjit they have.

There's no shortage of em out of town in stretford either.......they love to out number woman & kids. Vile !!

its nothing to do with standing though. the green brigade did this kind of stuff when they were in seated areas. i dont see the point in trying to associate the idiotic actions of a fan group with a standing section. they'd have done it in a seated section. i can't imagine it being a good argument and say look we can't have a standing section because of a group of sectarian fans at celtic.

You know that but those who have the power to sanction safe standing don't. All they will see is a standing area reverting to type and saying no thanks things are fine as they are.

Knuckle dragging ****s that want to take us back to the troubles. I detest Celtic and Rangers with a passion and English and Welsh football should have nothing to do with the cretins.

Great post.
I'd be more concerned if it was being shut because more fans than it can hold were getting into the area - but the taking in of a flag - whatever the content - and flares (which yes are a danger but can be smuggled into any area) is not a reason to be anti standing.
If this had happened in a seated area would they be closing sections of the stand down?

Hear hear

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.