Centre back options

We missed an opportunity last year in going for Niklas Sule. Will be top CB in a few years time based on his trajectory.

Koulibaly? Assuming he's not available but I like what I've seen. I'd imagine if we weren't already in for him that no way we get it done by close of window.

Is he left footed, or at least very comfortable playing on the left? That's the main weakness in the squad now. We still don't have the personnel to play a solid back 3.

Well let's just hope we don't have to rely on Stones.
He's the weakest link and I think Pep knows it but it's a sensitive subject.

Hope Mangala stays, we get in someone a lot better than Stones and Stones goes out with a buy back clause.

If it's good enough for Iheanacho....

Inigo Martinez doesn't strike me as being very strong and we lose that when Kompany gets injured..

We lack physical strength when vinny isn't fit. Virgil VanDijk would be an ideal replacement as I personally have concerns about Stones and his development so far. We need a big, dominant, strong 6ft3 / 6ft4 CB.

We lack physical strength when vinny isn't fit. Virgil VanDijk would be an ideal replacement as I personally have concerns about Stones and his development so far. We need a big, dominant, strong 6ft3 / 6ft4 CB.

I've wanted VVD since Celtic days.

Inigo Martinez has been looked at but decided against due to his height. Fits the bill for a Pep side but Pep has spoken a lot lately about 'headed duels' being important in England.I think we are likely to look at a squad player.
This is bang in line with our defensive signings so far, and could possibly be a reason why Otamendi has been linked with a move away? Walker, Danilo & Mendy all have height on their side so clearly that's something we're looking at.

This is bang in line with our defensive signings so far, and could possibly be a reason why Otamendi has been linked with a move away? Walker, Danilo & Mendy all have height on their side so clearly that's something we're looking at.
Was just thinking about Martinez on the full back thread. Could cover full back and centre back and can ping a diagonal like Kolarov. Like you say, height could be the problem.

He's the weakest link and I think Pep knows it but it's a sensitive subject.

Hope Mangala stays, we get in someone a lot better than Stones and Stones goes out with a buy back clause.

If it's good enough for Iheanacho....

I know some people still insist on slating Stones, but you can't seriously think that's even remotely possible?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.