Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What confuses me is arsenal fans believe keeping him is a guarantee to top 4. It wasn't last season and it's no gurantee he'll get them there this season with the other teams looking really strong. Can they afford to miss out of champions league two years in a row AND lose their best player on a free instead of 50 million?

I don't think any Arsenal fan i know thinks it guarantees top 4, but it does increase the chances.

Wenger is in a no win situation here. Pressure is on him greater than ever before, and he knows he doesn't have long to go.
Of course keeping Sanchez is a gamble, but he knows what Sanchez can do on the park, and that's more guaranteed than what any replacement can offer.

It's not just about transfer fee, it's about trying to get back into the Champions League, helping to attract better players, keeping the current players, his image with the fans, a potential lucrative kit deal up for renewal next year, secondary sponsorships etc.

As for Kronke and the board, I can't believe the strategy wasn't spoken about during Wengers renewal. Whether that was to deny a transfer, or to sell at a set fee.... we'll soon see.

It's not just about transfer fee, it's about trying to get back into the Champions League, helping to attract better players, keeping the current players, his image with the fans, a potential lucrative kit deal up for renewal next year, secondary sponsorships etc.

If you think top players look at a club who are basically telling someone they are not leaving despite being unhappy and think, yep, thats the club for me you are deluded mate.

You will sell him its that simple. Wenger has a history of saying player x is going nowhere only for them to go and twice they have come to us.

they do say good things come in three's ;-)

I don't think any Arsenal fan i know thinks it guarantees top 4, but it does increase the chances.

Wenger is in a no win situation here. Pressure is on him greater than ever before, and he knows he doesn't have long to go.
Of course keeping Sanchez is a gamble, but he knows what Sanchez can do on the park, and that's more guaranteed than what any replacement can offer.

As for Kronke and the board, I can't believe the strategy wasn't spoken about during Wengers renewal. Whether that was to deny a transfer, or to sell at a set fee.... we'll soon see.

I'd be surprised if Wenger & the board aren't on the same page & they have agreed to let him keep the player.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if he is just being a frontman for them selling Sanchez.

I think he's dodgy as fuck tbh & is in cahoots with them. And always has been.

Thinking about that 50million from their side, it would only be worth it if they can get top4 without him CL, PL money... sponsorship money all comes into it too. They only have a chance of top 4 if they can find a replacement near that level that wants to be there and work with the manager for that price, maybe even a little more ontop if they are buying a younger player(which they should be). They seem to be in for Mahrez, I hope for their sake that's not meant to be his replacement.

Last edited:

Good post, that's how I see it
Sanchez will have to push for a move and even then arsenal might not allow him to leave
Only Wenger's recruitment of new players could change his mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.