Game of Thrones

Haha! Does any one else remember the panda sketches in that Channel 4 comedy sketch show "Who Dares Wins" from the early 80's? Tony Robinson, Rory McGrath and Jimmy Mulville - who made his subsequent fortune out Of HIGNFY iirc were all in it.

Pandas are such comical looking creatures. The definite hill-billies of the bear kingdom.
Genuinely lol show was 'who dares wins' and the panda scenes were amongst the funniest.Ch4 was much better back then ;-)

Genuinely lol show was 'who dares wins' and the panda scenes were amongst the funniest.Ch4 was much better back then ;-)
flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg

Haha! Does any one else remember the panda sketches in that Channel 4 comedy sketch show "Who Dares Wins" from the early 80's? Tony Robinson, Rory McGrath and Jimmy Mulville - who made his subsequent fortune out Of HIGNFY iirc were all in it.

Pandas are such comical looking creatures. The definite hill-billies of the bear kingdom.

Don't kid yourself GDM, if a panda ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you cared about!

I respectfully disagree.

The writing has taken a sharp decline. Everything was signposted to such an extent that you knew exactly what was going to happen.

The subtlety of the show is long gone. At it's peak it didn't have to rely on large set pieces. In fact until the battle of Blackwater, there was hardly any large battles showcased at all, everything was implied, and the show didn't need it because everything else was so taut. Now it's just pandering.

It was all leading up to this though, i accept it for what it is and do not keep preconceived ideas because this show smashes them. The ending did just that for me and what makes teh show great. Think about why he did what he did, no hollywood shit, he made his choice but he is still alive. The battle scene is incidental imo however lovely it was aesthetically.

It was all leading up to this though, i accept it for what it is and do not keep preconceived ideas because this show smashes them. The ending did just that for me and what makes teh show great. Think about why he did what he did, no hollywood shit, he made his choice but he is still alive. The battle scene is incidental imo however lovely it was aesthetically.

I'm not questioning Theon's actions, I'm questioning the way it was so obviously signposted by the discussion about protection just two minutes before. You knew exactly what was going to happen, and to be honest, the final scene would have been all the more powerful if that foreshadowing hadn't occurred, and you saw in real time, his regression to Meek, and you realised - at the same time he did - what his motivation was for making the choice that he did.

Previous seasons handled events like this much better, and to me it just comes across as poor writing. They know people are going to tune in regardless as they've invested time already in it, so probably have become a bit complacent.

I've seen this asked a lot but I thought it was clear he was going to get his niece and nephew as proof that family means nothing to him and would not obstruct any alliance with Cersei; he spent most of that exchange moaning about their betrayal, after all. I imagine those annoying Dornish girls will be in the mix, too, given that Cersei hates them for killng her daughter and that they were last seen sailing with Yara's fleet.

Could be wrong but that's what I assumed. I've read about this dragon horn thing that appears in the books but there's been no clue about it in the show whatsoever so far, so it would be a bit of a deus ex machina to just pull that out of nowhere!

Just catching up on this thread so didn't see the posts after the season premier but your theory seemed to hit the nail on the head!

Thought episode 1 was just setting the scene for the season but episode 2 was fantastic and that battle at sea was incredible. Did I miss how Euron knew they'd be there to attack or was that mentioned/should have been known?

I'm not questioning Theon's actions, I'm questioning the way it was so obviously signposted by the discussion about protection just two minutes before. You knew exactly what was going to happen, and to be honest, the final scene would have been all the more powerful if that foreshadowing hadn't occurred, and you saw in real time, his regression to Meek, and you realised - at the same time he did - what his motivation was for making the choice that he did.

Previous seasons handled events like this much better, and to me it just comes across as poor writing. They know people are going to tune in regardless as they've invested time already in it, so probably have become a bit complacent.

I imagine the writers have found it more difficult since George R.R Martin fucked off because of the whole lady stoneheart fiasco.. That was roughly around season 4 or 5, but at least then they still had the books to go off.
I'm no writer but I imagine it's hard to base something from about 2/3 off another person's work (granted that work is almost 30 years worth), only for the main showcaser to turn around and fuck you off leaving you with 2 seasons to cover 2 unwritten books worth of material.
The way I look at it is they have about 13 hours worth of tv time left to wrap up 2 books worth, so things will seem rushed or just blatantly obvious.

Was literally about to say to the wife the 2nd episode had been a bit of a slow burner and then............ ;-)

so was that Theons sister hanging off the boat at the end or was she taken prisoner or did he just take the Dorne bird as a prisoner?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.