Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homesick? He did a video only about 4 months ago about how he needed and was happy to be away from the "hood" or words to that effect so he wasn't dragged into street gangs etc. He's 16 and too impatient for me, prob being badly advised.

Fair enough he might see the talent in front of him and think my future is blocked but in 4 years time he's 20 and players move on if he's good enough he would get opportunities. Bit like Campbell this, glad Phil Foden not got this attitude he's working hard, taking his chances and is being rewarded that's the kind of young players you want, hungry with patience wanting to learn in the best training facilities with the best players/coaches.

Bit like Campbell this, glad Phil Foden not got this attitude he's working hard, taking his chances and is being rewarded that's the kind of young players you want, hungry with patience wanting to learn in the best training facilities with the best players/coaches.

So are you suggesting that Sancho isn't working hard? How exactly can he take his chance if he isn't taken on the pre-season tour?

So are you suggesting that Sancho isn't working hard? How exactly can he take his chance if he isn't taken on the pre-season tour?

he should sign his contract then. You don't get the perks unless you sign up to them. If he thinks he knows better he can go and prove it.

Well, I certainly AM suggesting he isnt working hard.
He was going to go on the tour mate, kids a brat.

No just because I mentioned Phil working hard doesn't mean Sancho isn't. Sancho was training with the first team before the tour Foden went, Diaz went only pep and the coaches will know why he didn't.

I wouldn't judge the lad too harshly. I don't think any one knows his true motive, whether it be money or an increased chance of first team football.

Even if it is more money, we know the fickle world of football, and many young kids who you think will make it, never even get the chance and are moved on for very little or even get another team. who can blame him too much if he wants to make hay while the sunshines. If he does break through, then also suggests the investment in him was possibly worth it, like Pogba.

But on the other hand, you can't hold on to every player "Just in case".

I like him and he's got the potential to go to the top, so would love him to stay.

However, if he's not playing ball on a new contract and thinks he can make more progress elsewhere, then it is what it is. We should just take the compo and leave him to it.

Like most 17 year old footballer I'm sure he thinks a lot of himself. I'm not sure that would make him a brat though, just a product of the system he's in.

Gutted as he is a real talent but if he doesnt want to be here then its best he goes.

Im assuming we will get a decent enough compensation for him?

We will be lucky to get anything over a couple of million for him! Compensation for youth players is notoriously low when they leave before signing a professional contract. Also didn't we only sign him up a few years ago? Compensation I believe is based around how long said player has been in the club's academy. My guess in this instance is that it will be nominal.

Is he defo off then? Seems a real shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.