Government ban on Petrol and Diesel vehicles (by 2040)

who?

No my toast was fine................ there was still electricity enough to power the toaster - in 2040 all electricity will be needed to power cars so toast will be rationed unless you have an open fire and a toasting fork lol

Apparently an additional 15% generating capacity will be required. But by then I would expect/hope that it should be possible to recharge cars overnight, when electricity demand is much lower, with enough juice to keep it going comfortably throughout the following day.

I ride Beavers.
maxresdefault.jpg

There is new battery tech coming that will make this discussion irrelevant. Nobody will want a petrol or diesel car for day to day driving.
The new battery tech can be fully charged within 30 minutes and will give a range of around 600 miles. Experimental battery tech is pushing that by four times as much. This tech is happening right now. The main problem is getting the weight down and making the batteries cheaper. In 2040, the technology will have improved and matured that petrol and diesel cars will become the realm of what steam buffs are thought of now!

Excellent move. You can see who doesn't quite grasp technology by their response to this. Wasn't too long ago we were riding horses and throwing coal in the fire.

No petrol or diesel means no oil - no oil no rich city owner - no rich city owner - no City without oil money remember!

You're mostly FOC's on here so will be dribbling and being abused in some shitty uncare home by then............living the dream

Apparently an additional 15% generating capacity will be required. But by then I would expect/hope that it should be possible to recharge cars overnight, when electricity demand is much lower, with enough juice to keep it going comfortably throughout the following day.
Electricity demand will be higher at night as everyone will be charging their cars
And in any case the changes won't make a jot of difference to me as I'll just travel on my private jet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.