Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
EPL maybe, UCL, no chance. The likes of Real Madrid with Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema etc would still tear you a new one. All your new defenders are gonna take a while to bed in, it won't happen off the bat.
Arsenal might tremble in fear of Bayern, but we've done OK against them and Barcelona. Played Real Madrid 2 years ago and they weren't on a different planet.

keeper is a worry. They are good keepers, but it takes a while to settle in if you are an overseas keeper. Crosses are different, more physicality and defence have to totally trust the new keeper. last season bravo was trying to hard. Diving too early. Trying to anticipate the forward etc. Same could happen with Ederson.

Both City and Arsenal got plenty of quality in our playing squads. Lots of rivalry on here, but I am not writing off Arsenal, and I am sure Guardiola isn't either. There are 6 teams who can win the title next season. It's belief I think with Arsenal and desire. Leicester and Chelsea the last 2 champions would go week in week out home and away and just get that result. Quality is only 75% of it. It's that mentality that's missing, and yet the odd thing is you've got Alexis who embodies that.

So you get fucked off at people criticising Sergio (which I haven't seen on here today) and then you criticise Sterling, who put in better performances last season than pretty much everyone bar Silva!
Strange fella isn't he? :)

EPL maybe, UCL, no chance. The likes of Real Madrid with Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema etc would still tear you a new one. All your new defenders are gonna take a while to bed in, it won't happen off the bat.

To be fair we played Real in the semis with all of those players two seasons ago and they didn't tear us a new one. We did however limp out meekly after a horribly turgid two legged affair.

Yes, apologies, 'tear you a new one' was an inflammatory phrase to use, but these overseas teams always have something extra that our prem teams just can't seem to live with. Hopefully that will change soon, because believe it or not, I would always support you over foreign teams. I'd love an English team to win the champs league just to piss UEFA off as I'm sure they have a vendetta against English teams. I think they're jealous at the TV money our clubs get.

Trouble with top Italian, German and Spanish teams is the league is so uncompetitive, that they can just farm players from throughout the league. Whereas all the best prem players are spread out over a lot of the clubs, in those countries, they're all in just one or two teams. It's an uneven playing field from the off.

Yes, apologies, 'tear you a new one' was an inflammatory phrase to use, but these overseas teams always have something extra that our prem teams just can't seem to live with. Hopefully that will change soon, because believe it or not, I would always support you over foreign teams. I'd love an English team to win the champs league just to piss UEFA off as I'm sure they have a vendetta against English teams. I think they're jealous at the TV money our clubs get.

Trouble with top Italian, German and Spanish teams is the league is so uncompetitive, that they can just farm players from throughout the league. Whereas all the best prem players are spread out over a lot of the clubs, in those countries, they're all in just one or two teams. It's an uneven playing field from the off.
I think a winter break and resting players against the fodder is part of their biggest advantage over English teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.