Last Film You Saw

Ghost In The Shell

As I forgot I watched it at all until I saw it in my history, I guess my one word review is:

'Forgettable'

Sat down to watch 'After Earth' on Netflix with the kids this afternoon.
What utter shite and feel i'm being generous giving it 2/10.
Can say i felt utterly disappointed when Will Smith's hand starts twitching at the end, as for the last 30mins of the film i was hoping he'd just keel over and die.
Also found his kid totally annoying and his acting wooden.
I probably expected more due to it's budget, director and some of the cast but wasn't to be.

Later watched 'Jasper Jones' on a feed while catching up with latest stuff on here.
It's an Aussie film set in the late 60's, quite slow paced, lacking in any action and nothing special but thought it was okay. 6 out of 10

The Imitation Game.... Sad. Just very sad.

Playtime by Jacques Tati. Brilliant but felt like I was getting an overdose of late sixties technology and interior design.

The Wizard Of Lies surprisingly good and different.

I hear Madoff is doing quite well in prison cornering the market on hot chocolate. And now Robert De Niro starring in a movie about him? Well I guess they should get something since he stole all that Hollywood powerbroker capital.

The Big Sick, out now. Awful title, and a lot of hospital scenes, but an autobiographical romcom that's actually LOL funny (Muslim stand up comic meets white postgrad psychology student). Doesn't really delve into how he overcomes his own family's disapproval but plenty of other culture shock stuff. Even 9/11 jokes and a lesson in how to milk a simple joke. (See giraffe in the joke thread for the basic oneliner.)

Oddly enough, I never thought about "East is East" till later (as the MEN had it: "East is East, by Salford's own Ayub Khan")

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.